Glitch with Company Info

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Glitch with Company Info

Glitch with Company Info

February 27, 2019
 Susan

• Susan
    Newbie 15 points

I am setting up my site on V9. In the Company Info section of the Configuration panel, I discovered that the default text can be edited and it will “stick” when saved, but if simply deleted that field will revert to the default.

Example: I changed my company name, email and ceo name, but I do not want my address, fax or phone number displayed so I deleted the default text then saved. However the address, fax and phone reverted to the defaults. I then entered “0” in each of these fields before saving and that did the trick. So it seems these fields are not permitted to be left blank.

Only a minor issue, but wanted to bring it to your attention.

February 27, 2019 at 8:03 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,296 points

Hello Susan,

Funny, things like that bug me too, but you’re the first one that I’ve seen mention it.
    I made a fix for that awhile back and have attached it.

The file contains the fixed file as well as a copy of the original (you can always make a backup yourself first):
    admin-2-company.php
    admin-2-company-ORG.php

Extract the zipped files and upload both files into the /DT/framework/admin/templates/ directory.

Now, go to the PremiumPress > Configuration > COMPANY INFO and any fields that were saved blank will be blank (besides a placeholder). If input was saved then you’ll need to make them empty and save. That’s it.

Note: This file can be used to fix any of the v9+ PP themes that contain the /framework/admin/templates/admin-2-company.php file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 28, 2019 at 1:58 am

• Susan
    Newbie 15 points

Wonderful, thank you James!

February 28, 2019 at 3:34 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,296 points

My pleasure Susan.

February 28, 2019 at 5:24 am

• Biobob
    Newbie 11 points

That also annoys me it needs a theme fix

February 28, 2019 at 3:05 pm
  • Vivian
    Vivian
    Senior Member 173 points

May I jump on here and ask if it’s possible to remove the fax field from the company details alone – there doesn’t seem to be any need for this I’m sure…

April 25, 2019 at 9:26 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,296 points

@Vivian
    The file works the same for all the company details, so it works with the Fax as well.

April 25, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team