Form Fields hide/show options

• Janet
    Janet
    Newbie 29 points
    October 23, 2015 at 2:49 pm

In the Directory theme, when setting up the Listing page for users to enter their information, is there some way to configure the form fields so that when you select an answer, dependent on that answer, another field might appear.
    For example, if the listing field is “Country”, and someone selects the US, then a list of US States pops open for them to choose their State. Conversely, if they choose Australia as the country, then a list of Australian States would open.
    Another example would be if there is an “Other” option on a list and choosing that option results in a test box appearing where they can enter their “other” details.
    I think this requires JavaScript to perform this function, but I wondered if there was a plugin or something that could make this happen?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 23, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Hello Janet,
    This feature is not currently available.Some customization will be required

• Janet
    Janet
    Newbie 29 points
    October 23, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Hi Josh,
    Thanks for that. Will try to reconfigure the fields so that it makes some sense without that feature.

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points
    October 23, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Janet, you may be able to achieve some of what you want using custom taxonomies. There’s a Premiumpress taxonomy plugin and if you view the video tutorial you will see you can set up something to link countries and their states, etc. The example in the video links makes of cars with models but the principle is the same.
    I am assuming this all still works with the new versions of DT – I haven’t had time to try it yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes