Few questions about Auction press

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes AuctionPress Few questions about Auction press

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Few questions about Auction press

November 15, 2015
 Curtis

• Curtis
    Newbie 25 points

– How can a novice web builder add the change country to the top of the top menu bar? Or add / change the hardcode top menu items such as account / favorites / log in/out to add new ones? Screenshot added.

– How can one alter the order of appearance within the My account table? screenshot added.

– Is there a way to add more Home Page Editor elements such as text/picture blocks, sliders, ect? Or are the present selections all you get with a template? Screenshot added.

Thanks in advance..

http://www.lfmplayers.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 15, 2015 at 11:23 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

hi,

How can a novice web builder add the change country to the top of the top menu bar? Or add / change the hardcode top menu items such as account / favorites / log in/out to add new ones? Screenshot added.

ANS? to change the country go to theme options > general setup > content setup > Geolocation

– to change the default links, you will have to modify the header.php file

– How can one alter the order of appearance within the My account table? screenshot added.

ANS> you will have to modify the file tpl-myaccount.php file for this

– Is there a way to add more Home Page Editor elements such as text/picture blocks, sliders, ect? Or are the present selections all you get with a template? Screenshot added.

ANS> by default , those that are listed there are the only ones available. If you want to add more, you will have to customize the theme

November 16, 2015 at 2:39 am

• Curtis
    Newbie 25 points

Thanks for the info Marie! the country portion was clear and correct, and i managed that… the other stuff seems a tad out of my league at the moment.

curious footnote – Would you know how or why when I ‘force users to add in a paypal address’ via the toggle button in the settings – when someone enters information into the field and tries to hit save the system wont allow them to? button won’t click and a stop icon appears?

Frusterating.. but thanks again for the other answers :)

November 16, 2015 at 9:08 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

@Curtis For the paypal address issue go to Theme Options >Language Setup >Settings and turn OFF ‘Admin Live Editor’

November 17, 2015 at 1:04 pm

• Curtis
    Newbie 25 points

Not so much.. even with the caches cleared.. still isn’t recognised.

Perhaps I need to reinstall? ugh

November 17, 2015 at 6:31 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Could you provide url please

November 17, 2015 at 7:43 pm

• Curtis
    Newbie 25 points
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

You must select ‘I agree to the website terms and conditions’ at the bottom of the Add Listing Page for the Paypal ‘Save Changes’ button to work

November 18, 2015 at 1:12 pm

• Curtis
    Newbie 25 points

Josh, great find on that.. however, in gods honest truth for a new member to try and figure that out is a pain.. now I have removed the Terms and service plug in that mark fail created, and the problem still persists should someone just jump into creating a listing and NOT set up a paypal addy with the option in my account… being a core option within the Auctionpress premiere, its not a good sign its broke in this fashion.

thanks again for your guidance in this matter

November 18, 2015 at 4:48 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Sorry Curtis,its not Terms & Conditions plugin causing the issue.You must fill all the required fields in the Add Listing form for the Paypal ‘Save Changes’ button to work

November 18, 2015 at 5:58 pm

• Curtis
    Newbie 25 points

Josh, thanks for bringing to light that point. Makes sense that the custom required fields on that page would hold up to save changes option for the paypal email entry .. other than turning that option off to require users to enter their paypal email, what would you suggest as a plausable work around for this?

I could delete the custom fields, however, they are important to my niche .. so that seems a last resort..
    I could turn off the option in the admin area, but i would be hoping that members would immediately have cause to enter that field within the my account area..

the ideal format would be an eager member wants to start listing immediately, enters the listing area, sees the paypal option with that save changes button.. and comeletes that top portion of the page first and foremost, then once comeplete, carries on to their listing and enters those fields..

Again, respect all your knowledge on this matter.. shame i am in a learning phase with this program.

November 18, 2015 at 7:25 pm
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team