Facebook Sharing

Facebook Sharing

July 29, 2013
Narender Kumar Narender Kumar
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi Mark,
    Seriously need your help in fixing this. The share button is not capturing the relevant image while sharing the post in Facebook. This is very important . Customers are really very concerned about this.

Regards,

July 29, 2013 at 6:49 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

You need to have a special Meta Tags in your header to tell the FaceBook which image to use.
    This was one of the reasons why I created the Social Icons for PremiumPress plugin – it ads the meta tags (as one of the features it offers). There are two versions Free and Pro.

http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/social-icons-for-premiumpress/
    http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/social-icons-pro-for-premiumpress/

Kind regards,

Richard

July 29, 2013 at 8:21 am
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi Richard ,

Can you share the meta tag.My concern is the listing page . I want the buttons there. The plugin you are talking about doesn’t fit in the listing page.somehow jumbled in DP
    @ Mark, Kindly look into this, as this is the best sharing tool I feel as compared to other plugins.

July 29, 2013 at 4:16 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

I have integrated the FaceBook Open Graph Meta tags creation into a stand alone plugin: http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/facebook-meta-for-premiumpress/

Kind regards,

Richard

July 29, 2013 at 11:24 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks Richard

July 30, 2013 at 3:03 am
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Thanks a lot Richard. So kind of you.

Best Regards,

July 30, 2013 at 10:35 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 30, 2013 at 12:42 pm
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi Richard I am facing a problem. Iam not able to log out once the plugin is activated.there is an error it shows. I am also getting this alert on the top of admin page.

The plugin generated 2 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

What do I do?

Regards,

July 31, 2013 at 6:44 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Seems like some clash with other plugin. The Facebook Meta plugin does not have anything to do with ‘Syndication Feeds’ so I would suspect some other plugin being at fault here.

You can contact me via my website and I will look at it for you.

Kind regards,

Richard

August 1, 2013 at 1:29 am
  • candice
    candice
    Newbie 5 points

i have the same problem with the plugin you made, i am getting this error to.

The plugin generated 2 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

Cars For Sale Hull

August 1, 2013 at 2:29 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Please try to download the plugin again from the My Account area. Seems like the zip file was corrupted.

August 2, 2013 at 12:14 am
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi ,

I have uploaded the plugin again but no success. Does anyone has the same issue.

Regards,

August 4, 2013 at 3:29 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

As I said, uninstall the existing one, delete it then download the plugin from the website again, the previous one seemed corrupted.

August 4, 2013 at 7:59 pm
  • Brandon
    Brandon
    Titan 709 points

Richard when will the update for the Pro Version be available.

August 4, 2013 at 9:47 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Narender have u got this sorted now as i see your creating new topics about the same question..

August 5, 2013 at 2:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team