LIMITED OFFER: Save $200 Today! - Get All Themes For $199 -- Learn More

Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Facebook auto post plugin

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 30, 2013 at 10:18 am

Most sharing plugins (not auto-publish ones) use the OpenGraph Meta tags. There is a plugin that adds the correct Opengraph Metatags for PremiumPress themes:
    http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/premiumpress-plugins/facebook-meta-for-premiumpress/

The problem with the auto-post plugins is that these use different method and don’t support images as customfields (which PremiumPress themes use).

I am looking in possible ways to make the auto-post plugins to work. (but if I can’t, I would have to possibly come up with my own auto-post plugin).

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 70 points
    August 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I wonder How hard would it be to write a plugin that takes the first image uploaded and set it as featured image? That should solve the issue? Since it appears that all of the available plugins look for featured image now?

The responsive version looks to be a completely different theme with a totally different structure. I spent hours writing a child theme and would have to do that all over again. Ughh. Probably worth it for responsive though.

Is there a list of comparison between the two? What do we give up? Gain?

Cheers!
    Chris

• Jose Antonio
    Jose Antonio
    Newbie 3 points
    January 30, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Hi,
    if you install jetpack and you conect with your facebook and twitter acounts it will not work. But…. if you make that and… if you active the sharing buttons (facebook, twitter, google+, etc…) and less down you active Show Bottons in: Listing Manager all your posts of the theme will go to facebook, twitter, etc…

I attached some pictures.

Regards from Spain
    (Saludos desde España)
    http://www.bierzomercado.com/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Nguyen Viet
    Nguyen Viet
    Newbie 20 points
    June 14, 2019 at 7:20 am

I have been getting the same issue. The OpenGraph Meta tags are generated twice. One by the theme & one by Yoast SEO plugin
    Is there anyone know how to disable OpenGraph Meta tags generated by theme?
    Thanks,

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)