Expiration term of listings

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Expiration term of listings

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Expiration term of listings

August 3, 2014
David David
  • David
    David
    Newbie 21 points

Hello Everyone,

My directory site is pretty much up and running. But here an issue I am having.

All my listings seem to expire after 30/31 days. For my directory I want the basic listing to be indefinite, with no expiration, because they add value to my site. So I would like to change this to indefinite (or at least a significant length of time such as 20 years (?) if there absolutely must be an expiration date.)

Once that problem is solved, I would then like to have paid upgrades be set with finite expirations …. such as one month, one year, 3 years, etc …. But if I could get help on the first issue, I might be able to solve the second by myself.

Thanks in advance,

Smiley.

August 3, 2014 at 6:15 pm
  • David
    David
    Newbie 21 points

To clarify, this is with the Responsive Directory Theme

August 3, 2014 at 6:17 pm
  • Michille
    Michille
    Newbie 10 points

I want to know the same thing. I have my site (http://webcomics.in) set so the listings are there infinitely, but the site expects X number of days and displays it on the “Add Listing” page. This is going to create a lot of confusion if people see that.

August 4, 2014 at 12:05 am
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

All this can be achieve in theme options > listing packages and click on edit icon which will take you package field > listing expiry options and set the days before expire to the amount you require 365 etc., you can also set it to do nothing in “What happens when it expire.” The only problem I see in setting a theme for indefinite is this – suppose you are selling other listings and the free package is to entice the users to upgrade and they see a free listing for 20+ years your marketing strategy may not work for them to upgrade unless you may have some premium offer they cannot resist. Just a thought!

August 4, 2014 at 1:20 am
  • Michille
    Michille
    Newbie 10 points

Errol, for what I’m using Directory Theme for doesn’t apply to any sort of marketing strategy.

The directions you gave me I already did. I have my site set for “free listings” not to expire. However, the text still displays “365 day listing” on http://webcomics.in/add-listing/ which will confuse users. They will think their listing will expire and cease to exist after one year and I do not want that.

August 4, 2014 at 5:28 pm
  • David
    David
    Newbie 21 points

Hi Michelle,

One place you may want to look is under listing setup – listing packages and then have a listing package that you set to some value such as 10,000 days …

Your clients may not be so worried with such long terms ….

Not ideal, but may work in your situation.

For me I have one website that is not-for-profit so this is not ideal as someone (everyone) would have to “upgrade” to a package with wording that suggests it is a paid option .. or perhaps hints that it could be charged for in the future ….

… so I think that the answer to our questions may be a possible alteration in future versions of this theme by the developers … or hacking the theme code – which personally i don’t feel comfortable doing at this point in time.

Just some thoughts,

David.

August 4, 2014 at 5:59 pm
  • David
    David
    Newbie 21 points

Sorry … I should have read Errol’s message first … so the first part of my last message is a bit of a repeat.

August 4, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team