Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Susan

Error Message "Content area not found in your page"

I have just started working with Elementor. Did some home page design a few weeks ago and am just coming back to my site now to do some further work. I tried to edit a different page in Elementor but it would not load and I got an error message that says: "Sorry the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template in order for Elementor to work on this page.: I tried to enable safe mode as per the pop up prompt but Elementor still will not load. I have clicked on the various help links but honestly most of them I cannot understand the troubleshooting suggestions. I have done the ones I understand, such as deactivating plugins etc. However, many I do not understand what it means, such as "On some servers, you will have to change the SubstituteMaxLineLength." Sorry, NO idea what that's about! I did follow this suggestion to try a different theme: "Have you or the theme’s developer created a custom WordPress page template for your theme that does not include the_content function? You will need to include the_content in your code to edit it with Elementor, or switch to a different theme, which often solves the problem. First, try switching to a theme like Twenty Seventeen or GeneratePress and see if your problem is solved." I changed to Twenty Seventeen theme and Elementor did load. So can I assume that the "the_content function" is missing somewhere in my theme (Child Theme 10)? That suggestion goes on to say: "If you are a web developer and are developing a theme, add the_content function into the page template's code. This is the line you need to add: <?php the_content(); ?> If you are not familiar with where to place this code or how to add it to the page, please contact your website developer so it can be implemented properly as we cannot provide full support for that. " So my questions are: 1 ~ am I likely missing the_content function? 2 ~ If yes, how and where should I add it? 3 ~ If no, what else can I try to get Elementor to load?

Created: March 27, 2019 at 1:15 am

• Marie
    Marie
    March 27, 2019 at 3:33 am

hi Susan,

what pages are you trying to edit with elementor?

These pages cannot be edited with elementor since these are pre-coded pages :

* Add Listing
    * FAQ Page
    * Contact page
    * My Account
    * Memberships

These pages are demo pages ( uses demo page templates) . If you want to add in your own custom content, you can create a new page via WordPress dashboard > Pages , assign the template to default, then put your own content. Assign then the pages to Premiumpress > Configuration > Pages& Buttons

* ABout US
    * Terms & Condition Page
    * Privacy Policy

• Susan
    March 28, 2019 at 3:15 am

Ok this makes sense, I was trying to edit the Contact page. Strangely, I did finally get it to load in Elementor and was able to add content. But I’ve changed it back to the WP editor now so I don’t break anything.

Could you please explain what is meant by a demo page? I already edited the About page in Elementor to add some content. It seemed to work fine. Do you mean that I should not have done this, but rather added a new page called About and added my content there?

I’m not 100% sure I understand the steps to “assign” pages but I will try to work through it as you’ve described and see if I can figure it out. Thank you

• Marie
    Marie
    March 28, 2019 at 3:25 am

hi Susan,

its fine. You can edit it if it allows you. This is due to the new update of the theme which was released March 26 which now allows you to edit those pages using elementor.

• erik.diamond
    erik.diamond
    April 19, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Really?

I got v.9 and I did see pages that can be used with Elementor. For example:

“Advertising – Elementor”
    “Contact – Elementor”
    “Membershp – Elementor”
    “Terms & Conditions – Elementor”

I opened one of these pages and tried to load with Elementor. I still get the message:

“Sorry the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template in order for Elementor to work on this page.:”

Now what?!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    April 20, 2020 at 11:01 pm

The message is displayed when the specific elementor template being requested does not exist.

You’ll need to make sure the Elementor template that’s assigned to the page has been created. Either go to PremiumPress > Design Setup > Elementor Templates and install the template (if available) or create a new elementor template and assign the page to it.

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    April 23, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Hello,

you can go to Design setup > Right section > Elementor Templates > From there you can see which templates you can install
    those templates are Elementor templates

go to this page
    http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=15

All of this pages are the only pages that can have Elementor Editor, Other pages are as is.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 26, 2020 at 12:43 am

Help. I’m really frustrated trying to work around this buggy coupon theme… I want to edit the memberships page. I see nothing on any of the pages in wordpress editor (WHY NOT?) I try to edit in Elementor and get the content area not found error message.

I created a new page called membership and allocated the memberships page template to it.
    Then went to configuration > page & button links and added the membership page to the memberships link.
    Viewed it on the front end and clicked edit with Elementor and got that blasted content area not found message again!!!

I went through all this yesterday with the about page and managed to do all the above and it eventually worked with a fair bit of swearing. I thought I’d finally overcome this strange system then wham! No no no!

Gah! What must I do to edit these pages?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 26, 2020 at 10:30 pm

@ppt_admin15-05-20_121905836

“I created a new page called membership and allocated the memberships page template to it.”

That method uses the built-in membership page template, not an elementor template, so it cannot be edited by Elementor, which is why you’re seeing that message.

There isn’t any way to edit that page via elementor since it’s not setup for Elementor, you would need to manually edit a file.

The file you’re looking for is /templates/form-memberships.php. Copy this file into your child theme to edit (before editing).

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 27, 2020 at 12:04 am

Thanks so much James! 🙂

Cheers
    Eva

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 27, 2020 at 12:25 am

You’re welcome Eva.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    June 30, 2020 at 1:56 am

Hi there

I’m using the coupon classic theme and wanted to edit the cash-back page. In pages, it says it’s an elementor page, but when I click edit in elementor, it displays “the_content” error (which is so frustrating when you can see it in the background!). So I created a cash back template but can’t see it in the design setup > elementor templates page to assign it… I also looked up the templates in CP9 folder and can’t find one for cash back. Any idea where it’s located so I can edit it please?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 30, 2020 at 2:56 am

Hello Eva,

“…it says it’s an elementor page, but when I click edit in elementor, it displays “the_content” error (which is so frustrating when you can see it in the background!).”
    That button is always there regardless if it’s Elementor compatible or not. If you’re seeing that content message then it’s not an Elementor template.

The page selections on the page edit screen are the built-in default templates that are actual files and changes to the template file would be needed.

If you want to go the route of non-elementor then the template in question can be located in /CP9/templates-coupon/tpl-page-coupon-cashback.php. Create a sub-directory in your child theme directory called templates-coupon, make a copy of the file and edit it. Then upload the edited copy into the new sub-directory.

if you plan on doing it with Elementor, you should be able to create a new <u>Elementor</u> template and then assign it under Design Setup > Page Linking. Note: Those page assignments are of saved Elementor templates, not standard saved pages.

Hope this makes sense.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • EvieB
    EvieB
    June 30, 2020 at 3:24 am

Thanks for the prompt response James. I understand and appreciate your help as always! 🙂

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 30, 2020 at 4:08 am

You’re welcome.

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments