Enhancement Issues

• Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points
    August 12, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I have included several enhancements with my premium listing package and for some reason it does not say included when going to the submission page of that package like it use to before the update. Does anyone know why this might be?

• Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points
    August 12, 2013 at 3:09 pm

See Image, Google maps, html, and counter are included with this package and it use to show included, but now it shows its not included, but even though the html fields show on the listing, and the Google map, it will really confuse people to look like they are not included. I am actually confused at these settings…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points
    August 12, 2013 at 3:31 pm

One more thing please – is there a way currently to assign NEW enhancements to packages. Example, like Kijiji does, it charges people for the use of a URL to their website ( like $5.00 per listing ) is there a way to add a NEW enhancement so people can pay for things like adding a website link or other custom fields?

I am having issues with just getting the current enhancements to show as included. If I can fix this issue and if there is the ability to add more enhancements, that would be excellent..

Thank you for your help.

Steve

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 12, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Hi Steve, if I’m correct, you have to turn enhancements “OFF” otherwise they’ll show on listings like your screenshot.

When you included them under the individual package listings, they will be there but you’ll have to tell the user that in the package description.

One way you can check this is by making one listing package have one category and the other having all. When viewing the listings, you should see the difference in how the user can choose categories (either one choice or multiple).

Hope that helps.

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I also saw what you mean Steven. (I think) before 4.2 when you added the listing enhancements to a package and you select the package, they had a stripe through them and you could not click to add it. But since 4.2 i have also noticed that it is not like that anymore.

• Bernie
    Bernie
    Newbie 37 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:31 pm

So the enhancements are either a complete aftersale or configured to be included in some fashion. Not a combination.

Not so good if you ask me as previous versions of the theme allowed for combinations whereas some enhancements were included in a listing package and other enhancements could be purchased.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm

@Bernie,

Yes, that’s how I understand them to work currently.

• JD
    JD
    Newbie 47 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:59 pm

This is turning out to be a issue for myself also. I like the way this function worked previously where were able to have combination and the listing showed what’s included and what’s not only. Is there way we can go back to that? Looks like a lot of people liked it the way it was before.

• Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points
    August 12, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I loved the way this fashion worked before and this is one of the BIGGEST things that got my attention for this new responsive theme was the ability to have add- on sales and also the look of the included part. Is there a way premium-press to add this like it was before please? The way before was excellent and a big thing for me ( as well as others I see )

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 13, 2013 at 6:01 am

if your referring to the packages page, there is a plugin already;

New Pricing Table Plugin

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 13, 2013 at 6:22 am

Hi Mark, welcome back and hope you got some rest! 🙂

I think this is what Steven means.
    (Example)
    Lets say i put Front Page Exposure as included in my Basic Package. Once the client selects the Basic Package it takes you to the screen where you need to fill out all the details. I think i saw that before 4.2, if a option like Front Page Exposure is included in a package, it is striked out and the client could not click on it to add it as a addition to the package (see screenshot). However, other things like Highlighted Listing or Google Map could be clicked and added as additional if they were not included in the Basic Package that i set up.

Now with the current version, even if Front Page Exposure is included in a package and the client selects that package, he can still click on the Front Page Exposure to add it as a addition. So he will be getting it for free because it is included in the package and if he clicks it, he will be paying additionally too.

I think this is what is meant with the above discussion.

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 13, 2013 at 6:25 am

Roelf thank you!

that makes a lot more sense, iv fixed this for 4.3.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 13, 2013 at 6:28 am

right?

Attachments:
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 13, 2013 at 7:30 am

Yay! 🙂

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 13, 2013 at 11:38 am

Looks slick Mark:)

p.s. This means for those of us who had this turned off globally and were using them only included in listings, we can now turn on globally again and this will display?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes