Emails not sending out since WP update version 4.2.2

• Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points
    May 11, 2015 at 7:39 am

Emails not sending out since WP update version 4.2.2 with DP version 8 and I have tried using the plug in “Check Email” also to check the email system. I have deactivated all plugins to also check and still no emails are sent out. This includes new registrations, contact forms and bbpress subscription notifications.
    I also changed permalinks and saved and chaged back and saved with no ok result.

Has anyone else had the same problem and wish to share the fix?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    May 11, 2015 at 7:42 am

There are no reported email issues, all emails go through WP so it maybe best to check with your hosting.

• Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points
    May 14, 2015 at 11:20 am

Thanks for your reply Mark, however I have contacted my host and they have checked and stated that server is working fine.

Strange that everything was ok previously and now sitewide emails are not working.

• Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points
    May 15, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I have looked into this further and port 25 is open on my server. However using the plugin
    Postman Setup tells me the following:
    Summary:

✅ 🔒 Port 443 can be used to send Gmail with the Gmail API.
    ❌ No outbound route between this site and the Internet on Port 25.
    ❌ No outbound route between this site and the Internet on Port 465.
    ❌ No outbound route between this site and the Internet on Port 587.

A port with Service Available “No” indicates one or more of these issues:

Your web host has placed a firewall between this site and the Internet
    The SMTP hostname is wrong or the mail server does not provide service on this port
    Your PHP configuration is preventing outbound connections
    Your WordPress configuration is preventing outbound connections

Does anyone have any knowledge to help me here?

Strange thing is that the emails worked for about 30 minutes lat night and now not working again.

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    May 15, 2015 at 9:17 pm

As a default WordPress uses phpmail function on your server. Sometimes the server permissions are not configured correctly and WordPress is denied to use the phpmail. Contact your host to check it for you.
    If you are not successful in getting phpmail to work with your WordPress, there are some plugins that enable you to configure your WordPress to communicate via SMTP (search for SMTP plugins for WordPress).

Mark

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points
    May 15, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Thanks Mark.
    After hours of debating with Godaddy, they deny they have any problems blocking ports even though I stated that it is happening to all my websites on their shared hosting.
    I have solved the problem by installing the plugin “Postman SMTP”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes