Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
EveLynn

Email to registered subscriber with computer generated password ??

We have elected to pre-register our subscribers - so User Registration is currently not allowed. However, when I assign the user id and register them from the back end of the directory as an Administrator, I cannot find where the Email to notify the new subscriber that his/her User ID and computer generated password has been created so that he/she may log in and complete their profile. So no one is getting notices. Help please EveLynn

Created: February 20, 2018 at 4:31 pm

• JamesD
    JamesD
    February 20, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Hello EveLynn,

If I’m understanding you correctly, the manual registration email is handled by WordPress.

Make sure that there’s a check next to “Send User Notification” when you add users manually and they’ll receive the notice. This should send an email with their username and link to reset their password.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • EveLynn
    EveLynn
    February 21, 2018 at 1:43 am

Thank you James,

I am registering the subscribers using the back end of the directory as it resides on Word Press.

I have entered thru the back end the subscribers and requested a computer generated password and check the box that asks for the email to be sent to the new subscriber.

Where does the email reside? Even when I tested the user allowed registration I was not sent an email from the directory telling me I was registered and here was my temporary password.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    February 21, 2018 at 3:07 am

Here are a couple PP theme email settings::

If you’re not receiving emails then my first thought is it’s being flagged as spam, so I’d recommend checking any spam folders if you haven’t already.

Edited:
    Here’s a video for the PP email settings:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • EveLynn
    EveLynn
    February 21, 2018 at 3:33 pm

You make me smile!! But you always come up with the perfect answer – so far! Seriously thank you for your help! Your patience is very encouraging. The answer was right under my newbie nose!! This could turn out to be fun !! Thank you .

You are proof that a 75 year old Grandma can learn new tricks! Have a blessed day!!
    Back atcha when I need you!!

EveLynn

• JamesD
    JamesD
    February 22, 2018 at 5:28 pm

@EveLynn,

My pleasure EveLynn, glad to help when I can.

• Don
    Don
    April 27, 2019 at 11:19 pm

James I just caught this and have see the video many times, however we cannot seem to get the wordpress system email to work. When the email arrives, it only provides a link for a new user to the login page, and no temporary password is generated. The link in the email is not active to add further issues.
    So new users must copy and paste the link to the login page and be mindful enough to press “reset password” to even create a password themselves.
    We have the settings for the wp email turned on, and cannot see where there may be a conflict.
    Hopefully someone can assist us. Still on 8.9.6 and because of bogus registrations, we are trying to have wordpress generate a password and verify the new user email works instead of users creating their own passwords.
    Many thanks

• JamesD
    JamesD
    April 27, 2019 at 11:52 pm

Hello Don,

Here’s another setting:
    04.27.2019-17.51.27
    The setting is located under Theme Setup > User Setup > Registration Fields

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments