Elementor Homepage not same as deafult homepage.

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Auction Theme Elementor Homepage not same as deafult homepage.

Elementor Homepage not same as deafult homepage.

December 21, 2018
 Joze

• Joze
    Newbie 0 points

I like default hompage look, but I can’t edit it.

So I did install homepage in elementor and set up as homepage.

I did try to setup this place like default homepage and it’s not look like deafult.

Could you explain hot to copy elementor hompage as default hompage looks like?

December 21, 2018 at 11:37 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,289 points

Hello Joze,

The page can be edited, but how much that it can be edited is a different story.
    Sounds like you’ve done it correctly.

I’d recommend trying the following…

• Make sure you have the latest theme (9.2.4)
    • Go to “Elementor” settings and remove all “Homepage Design” type pages, then remove any home pages you have under “Pages”.
    • Go to Page Builder and click the “Reinstall Template” button.
    • Click the “Set As Homepage” button.
    • Now, click the “Edit Template” button.
    • Make whatever changes you need (or can do within it’s limitations).
    • Make sure to “Update” (save) any changes you’ve made there.

That should be it.

December 24, 2018 at 1:39 am

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points

@JamesD
    I tried multiple times, installing child-theme and installed/reinstalled the templates from the Child-Theme design, but sadly it doesn’t give the exact design of child-theme.

@Joze
    Try to set the Home-Page via WordPress Dashboard > Settings >Reading

December 24, 2018 at 8:03 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,289 points

@Naveed

I’m referring to the built-in default theme template. Child themes have their own elementor thing going on. It ultimately depends on how much flexibility we are given to make changes and currently a lot of the elementor stuff don’t have very many options.

You’ve probably already noticed that some theme templates have a more options/flexibility than others. That’s by design (no code to handle options). Yes, it can be frustrating not having more consistency between settings and themes/child themes templates.

I’m guessing more flexibility will be added after all themes have been updated, in which details are kinda unknown. Haven’t seen too much communication/updates on what to expect and/or the future of the themes.

December 24, 2018 at 8:24 am

• Naveed
    Newbie 37 points

@JamesD
    Yes I agree. I haven’t seen any Child-Theme update yet. I hope we’ll get some updates very soon. Can I have your email to contact you directly if I get somewhere in PP Themes.

December 24, 2018 at 9:45 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,289 points

@Naveed

Sure, I can be reached at customphix [at] gmail [dot] com

December 24, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team