Editor or plugin Listing Category pages

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline
    Newbie 4 points
    May 15, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Hi

I am creating a local market directory where vendors will be able to create listings to promote them self.

Example: The “Hazel Food Market” will be a listing category and “Johns meat” will be a vendor and create a listing.

The idea is to at least edit the listing category with some info on the market with images, description and contact details etc but I can not find a plugin for this. At the moment I am creating it in posts using column tags and then copy past to the listing category editor. It does work but not very responsive on mobile devices

Can someone recommend a plugin or alternative?

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    May 15, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Listing category can have images and description as default. Simply create a listing category then edit it and you will see the available options. Please note that the fields like category description or images are not available when you are adding a new category, these fields become available when you do ‘edit’.

Mark

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline
    Newbie 4 points
    May 15, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Hi Mark

Thank you.I do understand this.

When I edit this listing category the options are exactly that, limited to images and text unless you install CategoryTinymce which gives you more freedom.

I am having issues not able to insert a gallery or a slider plugin shortcode, it gives me an overload error code. I did deactivate all plugins to check but its not a plugin causing this.

I have added a responsive column shortcode plugin which allows me to create columns for text, facebook shortcode, google maps, logo etc to give the category a magazine style look and feel. I have tested on mobile and it works pretty well.

The biggest frustration is that I have to create the info in a post and then copy the text code into the listing category. The listing category doesn’t allow me to add images, create columns etc. Although the option is there and I select it it just doesn’t do anything.

I was hoping the theme would allow more features for listing categories, drag & drop would even be better.

Because its a website for local Market owners and their Vendors that create listings I need to be more creative with the listing categories.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes