Dave

Editing "built in" custom fields

Hi. I am attempting to customize the Dating Theme for a particular purpose (adult service providers), and need to affect several of the "built in" custom fields. For example, "dagender" contains 4 options: male, female, couple and group. While editing the language allows me to change the language of the existing options output to the profiles, the custom search still shows the original language in the drop down options. I would also like to add a 5th option (male, female, couple, pre op, and post op). Any suggestions on how to do this? I have tried creating new custom fields but there doesn't seem to be a way of replacing some of the "built in" ones on profiles and search results etc without removing them all. There are so many features that make this the ideal theme for this project, but I am starting to think that it might be easier to use the Directory Theme and recreate some of the features from the Dating Theme instead. @Mark: Is it possible to have the ability to add/edit/remove the "built-ins" via the theme admin?

Created: June 19, 2014 at 3:03 pm
  • In: Dating Theme
  • Started by: DaveDave
  • 4 members left 13 comments
  • Last reply from: Mark FailMark Fail

• Dave
    Dave
    June 19, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Meanwhile, I found where the [LISTINGDATA] shortcode is defined. If anyone is interested, it’s in [code title=””]\framework\class\[/code].

So based on that, I should be able to create a [MYLISTINGDATA] shortcode with substituted custom fields where the “built-ins” used to be.

I’m getting there. Learning a new framework is not easy until you get used to where things are πŸ˜‰

• Walter
    Walter
    June 19, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Thx I got that I need to display the custom filed that I’ve created into my What short codes should I use to display custom data?
    Below is the script that I’ve modified. I want to add more lines.
    <tr>
    <th>’.$CORE->_e(array(‘dating’,’17’)).'</th>
    <td>’.get_post_meta($post->ID,’daage’,true).'</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <th>’.$CORE->_e(array(‘dating’,’18’)).'</th>
    <td>[COUNTRY]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <th>’.$CORE->_e(array(‘dating’,’19’)).'</th>
    <td>’.get_post_meta($post->ID,’map-city’,true).'</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <th>’.$CORE->_e(array(‘dating’,’31’)).'</th>
    <td>[CTAX key=eyecolor]</td>
    <tr>

• Walter
    Walter
    June 19, 2014 at 6:38 pm

This is a DB key… how to call it or display it?

• Dave
    Dave
    June 19, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Is that a custom field or a taxonomy?

Assuming the later, something like this might do it:

<th>’.$CORE->_e(array(β€˜dating’,’31β€²)).’</th>
    <td>[TAXONOMY name=”eyecolor”]</td>

I’m curious… how did you know to use (β€˜dating’,’31β€²)?

• Walter
    Walter
    June 19, 2014 at 9:02 pm

taxonomy filed. I don’t know how to add custom field here. Add the next available number in the language file (dating 31,32,33) etc…

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    June 20, 2014 at 12:20 am

could you let me know what other gender options your trying too add?

• Dave
    Dave
    June 20, 2014 at 12:29 pm

@Mark.
    For this particular project I require the following 5 options: male, female, couple, pre op, and post op.

It would be awesome if we could add/edit/remove options from all the built-ins such as gender and seeking. Alternatively, I need to eliminate some built-ins al together in favour of my own custom fields.

Either way: As a side effect of this, maybe the ability to add lines to the language file without having to directly edit it as well. I have already manually added 12 words/phrases and I have only just begun πŸ™‚

@Walter.
    I think we will find the answers here and here. I will attempt to figure it out this weekend. Let me know if you get it before me πŸ˜‰

• Jey
    Jey
    June 20, 2014 at 6:03 pm

would be awesome, if we can add/edit/remove custom fields in the home page – built in search box, like in the advanced search widget.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    June 21, 2014 at 3:34 am

ok what iv done is added 5 extra blank fields under the gender options in the language file. You can then fill in the fields as required (if required) and they will be displayed as normal.

• Jey
    Jey
    June 21, 2014 at 5:18 am

That’s great Mark.

What is the possibility of adding additional custom fields like, Religion, Country, etc…in the search window?
    And, is it possible to make the “Aged between” as in the attached image to reduce the two rows into one.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    June 21, 2014 at 7:36 am

you can add other custom fields as normal, the only build in ones are gender.

• Dave
    Dave
    June 21, 2014 at 11:14 pm

That’s Great Mark. Thanks a million!
    I’m guessing I need to re download the theme?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    June 22, 2014 at 3:13 am

you could yes or simply use the updater tool. Admin -> dashboard -> check for updates

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)