Edit Listing creates a brand new listing

• Robin
    Robin
    Newbie 3 points
    August 17, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Hello guys, thanks for this great theme.

I’ve found that when I go to edit a listing as a user/subscriber from the frontend, instead of getting it edited and saved, it generates a new one, and it sends it for approval.

Do you have an idea of what I’m doing wrong here? Is there any setting I’m missing?

My WordPress is 3.5.1, and my DirectoryPress 6.1.1 non-responsive.

Many thanks for your help.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 17, 2013 at 11:29 pm

My WordPress is 3.5.1, and my DirectoryPress 6.1.1 non-responsive.

That is a very old version of DirectoryPress. The latest version (non responsive) is 7.1.4
    I don’t think you would be able to get much support for it anymore. I am sorry.

Kind regards,

Richard

• Robin
    Robin
    Newbie 3 points
    August 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for answering. I’m helping a client who has an installation with some flaws. I’d like you bear with me so you can point me in the right direction.

– If I were to check the files that are doing the update of a listing, where should I look? I’d like to check them before I start an upgrade.

– Also, will a child theme for 6.1 (one called Cars) work on the latest version?

– I’m finally receiving this message, strange because as I understand, the theme should go on the same folder than any other theme isn’t it?

Your theme folder name doesnt look to be installed correctly, it should be: https://example/home/wp/wp-content/directorypress/ but you have https://www.ecobusinesslinks.com/wp-content/themes/directorypress_New/

I’ll be so grateful if you can share some light onto those 3 questions.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm

– If I were to check the files that are doing the update of a listing, where should I look? I’d like to check them before I start an upgrade.

I don’t have any v6 site anymore so can’t check the files, sorry.

Also, will a child theme for 6.1 (one called Cars) work on the latest version?

No, I am afraid not. But you might be able to create a new child theme that resembles the ‘cars’ one.

Your theme folder name doesnt look to be installed correctly, it should be: https://example/home/wp/wp-content/directorypress/ but you have https://www.ecobusinesslinks.com/wp-content/themes/directorypress_New/

Yes, that could be source of many different problems. Either someone tried to install newer version and instead of renaming the old directory, they named the new directory as /directorypress-New/ or other possibility is that someone tried to install child DirectoryPress child theme as the main theme. In any case, that is incorrect and needs to be changed.

Kind regards,

Richard

• Robin
    Robin
    Newbie 3 points
    August 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I think they placed the whole /directorypress folder on the theme’s directory, then changed its name.

So, should I place it at the same level than wp-content with its original name, then drop on the themes’ folder the child theme only?

Quite unsure on how to proceed, because I’m used to place the parent theme and the child’s at the same level inside wp-content/themes, but here it seems like I have to do otherwise?

Appreciate your answers!

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 18, 2013 at 11:30 pm

The parent theme (DirectoryPress) needs to be in:
    /wp-content/themes/directorypress/

and the child theme goes in:
    /wp-content/themes/directorypress/themes/directorypress-xxx/

where the xxx is the name of your child theme – so in the case of ‘Cars’ child theme is would be /directorypress-Cars/

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 19, 2013 at 1:29 am

thanks for sharing Richard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes