double menus?

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

double menus?

June 25, 2014
Jeffrey Jeffrey
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

So I have setup my desktop and mobile menu (separate menus) but when I activate them in RealtorPress (6.5.8) there is a second “website Navigation” menu system that I do not want

dev.garrettmapping.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 25, 2014 at 3:23 pm
  • Fernando
    Fernando
    Newbie 55 points

This “website navigation” is the mobile menu.

If this is not the menu you want to display then check if this menu has the mobile menu chekbox selected.

June 25, 2014 at 4:49 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Fernando, I don’t think that is the case. If I add the mobile menu as I have done it adds both the top navigation menu which is my mobile menu but it also keeps my desktop menu as well. I don’t want the full navigation (desktop menu) when users are on mobile.

Attached are images of my settings for my main menu and mobile.

With that said, is there no way to turn off main menu in responsive theme?

Attachments:
    June 25, 2014 at 5:02 pm
  • Fernando
    Fernando
    Newbie 55 points

You’re right, something is not working properly there. It is not the best solution, but you can always use CSS to hide elements.

In this case:

#core_smallmenu {display: none;}

June 25, 2014 at 6:09 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Fernando, thank you. That code works but I am surprised no one else has noticed this.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

June 26, 2014 at 8:48 pm
  • Lisa
    Lisa
    Newbie 10 points

Thanks for the code. Going to try this on my site as well.

Also, on the iPad I would like it to show the mobile menu but it shows the full desktop menu. Have you noticed this too or are you fine with the full menu on an iPad?

June 28, 2014 at 6:41 pm
  • May
    May
    Senior Member 111 points

I’m experiencing the same thing with the double menu on mobile. Is there a fix coming up for this?

July 8, 2014 at 1:35 pm
  • Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 136 points

Is all about how you design your menus. Could be that you have replicated same menu for the top and the main menu. As you can see in my website it works fine since my top and main menu are different, and you can decide how to display them.

Attachments:
    July 8, 2014 at 4:55 pm
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

No Mario it has nothing to do with that. I too have this issue. I have mobile menu on and a mobile menu created and allocated to JUST mobile menu. I have a seperate main menu for my desktop site but both are showing. It also eats into the logo. I’ll try css, but any fix coming for this?

August 1, 2014 at 7:11 pm

• Benita
    Newbie 2 points

I somehow managed to create a duplicate of my main menu – once next to the logo and once below. I deleted & recreated a new one, but have no idea what’s happening. any ideas?

Attachments:
    August 5, 2014 at 4:16 pm

• Benita
    Newbie 2 points

okay – sorry – found it. It was an issue with the “Header Layout Adjustments” in Page Setup/Website Layout. Apparently, chosing ‘logo+menu’ duplicates the main menu… (at least it did for me)

August 5, 2014 at 4:23 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Different layouts have different menu options that’s all, adjust as required.

August 6, 2014 at 6:43 am
  • Stephen
    Stephen
    Senior Member 111 points

Thanks Mark.. and do you know if the Uber menu they speak of here meets that criteria?? :-)

August 6, 2014 at 10:07 am
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

Yes it does Stephen.

August 6, 2014 at 11:33 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Iv not tried it but if clive has that’s great.

August 6, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team