Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Tomislav

Display different categories in home page tabs

Hello, what query should I use to display different category listings in each tab on home page. For example category ID is 50. Thanks.

Created: October 15, 2013 at 4:52 pm

• Tomislav
    Tomislav
    October 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Nobody knows what query is used to display listings by category? I never needed that so far, and something that I tried didn’t work. For example $query = new WP_Query( ‘cat=50’ ); It displays all listings, not just for that category.

• Ian
    Ian
    October 16, 2013 at 1:10 am

In the query string box?

How about

&taxonomy=listing&term=cat_name

• Tomislav
    Tomislav
    October 16, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Great, that’s the query I needed.

Thanks Ian.

• Sandra
    Sandra
    January 7, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Thank you so much Ian, that worked for me. (And I figured out the short code bit myself which I’m a little proud of as I am a complete blind mouse when it comes to code etc). So cheers 🙂

• Gil Bechtel
    Gil Bechtel
    August 23, 2015 at 11:28 pm

I have tried several of the codes that I found searching the forums and none of them have worked, the above code at least gives me a blank return, I’m confused what if anything goes after cat_name?

[code title=””]&taxonomy=listing&term=cat_name&tag_ID=57[/code]
    [code title=””]&taxonomy=listing&term=cat_name=57[/code]

I have also tried the short code [LISTINGS=57] in the HTML section with no luck

• Josh
    August 24, 2015 at 7:12 am

@Gilbert Where are you trying to display your listings?If its a page then try this
    [code title=””][LISTINGS cat=’1′ orderby=’post_title’ order=’desc’ show=10][/code]
    replace the 1 with your category ID >>https://www.premiumpress.com/docs/#LISTINGS

• Gil Bechtel
    Gil Bechtel
    August 24, 2015 at 9:38 pm

It was in a tab, that worked, thank you!

• Josh
    August 25, 2015 at 1:09 pm

You’re welcome.Good day 🙂

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments