Disable Image Zoom/Magnify

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Shop Theme Disable Image Zoom/Magnify

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Disable Image Zoom/Magnify

February 1, 2019
 Aaron

• Aaron
    Newbie 9 points

Does anybody know how to disable the zoom/magnify image feature on single products?

The user experience is greatly diminished on mobile, as the zoom/magnify feature prevents customers from scrolling to the bottom of the page to make a purchase. I would prefer the image be static.

I believe I located the area that needs to be adjusted (/wp-content/themes/SP9/_shop/template/style-single.css), however, any attempt to remove zoom/magnify elements just spills the image outside of the designated container.

Thanks in advance,
    -Aaron

February 1, 2019 at 4:42 pm

• Aaron
    Newbie 9 points

Update: This appears to be tied to the Etalage jQuery image zooming plugin. If anybody has any experience disabling this feature or removing it entirely, I would be most grateful. Thanks!

February 1, 2019 at 8:01 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

There is no on/off for this im afraid as its part of the design. You would need to edit the core code.

February 5, 2019 at 2:35 am

• Aaron
    Newbie 9 points

That’s okay, Thank You for the insight, Mark. Could you please let me know what lines need to be removed, and where those might be located? Thanks!

February 5, 2019 at 2:55 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

the file is;

SP9/_shop/functions.php

line:119

you should see the code there

February 6, 2019 at 3:17 am

• Aaron
    Newbie 9 points

You’re a gem, Thanks Mark!

February 6, 2019 at 4:58 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team