directoypress to responsive directory – not getting it.

• richard
    richard
    Newbie 5 points
    August 15, 2013 at 2:00 pm

OK.. i bought the responsive theme thinging it was a child theme of directorypress, i just get to use directorypress in a responsive design.

Nope, its totally new application right?

I install… give the importer a shot and it fails. Menu broken, all sorts of problems… too many issues for me to trouble shoot on a live site… so i gave up on an import, figured i would install afresh, export my listings using the listing exporter in directorypress, import them in the responsive directory.

Nope, cant find an importer on the responsive directory.

I guess… i am missing something? If the new responsive directory uses posts, instead of articles? Then i really want to flick over… but just cant get it happening.

Help?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm

the directory theme is a new theme, there is no mention on our site about it being a ‘child theme for directory press’ so im unsure where you got that from.

the transfer tool will change the post types from DP so you can use your existing listings with the new theme.

if your unsure, i suggest you roll back your website to the old directorypress version and wait for my new video tutorials which will be ready in a few weeks.

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    August 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm

PremiumPress non-responsive to responsive theme transger

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 15, 2013 at 2:31 pm

🙂

• richard
    richard
    Newbie 5 points
    August 16, 2013 at 7:00 am

I thought it was a child theme becuase when logged into admin, its was offered to me as a discount as had a licence for directorypress and was offered a hefty discount.

OK… i didn’t look too closely… but it seemed to me i was being offered a trade up to the new system and thus there would be a full importability.

I will sit tight for now, waiting for the videos.

Its a pity. I have customised a bridge between directorypress and classipress so widgets from both themes, set up in a multisite, can show on each site with a single login… now is seems directorypress is going to be mothballed.

grr.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 16, 2013 at 7:44 am

sorry about that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes