Directory Theme with coupons

• Jeff
    Jeff
    Newbie 3 points
    August 10, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Just got the Directory theme and have a question. What would the best way to add coupons to the Directory theme? Has anyone done this? I looked though the forum and just saw a bunch of posts asking

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    August 10, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Can you explain a bit more what do you mean by adding coupons? How exactly do you expect this to work?

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    August 10, 2015 at 11:55 pm

You may be better off using the Coupon theme as the directory – Basically the same sort of functionality.

• Jeff
    Jeff
    Newbie 3 points
    August 11, 2015 at 2:16 am

I want to have a company create a coupon and charge the company $x.xx to have them list it. They should be able to create and manage it themselves and then pay for it one created. The coupon would be available on the site for x number of days. The consumer could search by local and category. The consumer could print the coupon to take it to the advertiser or just show the coupon on the mobile to get the discount while at the place of business

I read the coupon theme docs and it looks like it deals with affiliates.

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    August 11, 2015 at 2:22 am

You can use the theme for both methods.

• Jeff
    Jeff
    Newbie 3 points
    August 11, 2015 at 2:36 am

I just went through the demo site and do not see how it can be used as a directory. I guess I will have to go through some more docs

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    August 11, 2015 at 3:16 am

Install Directory theme in the root folder, and Coupon Theme in the sub folder and link it. Other option would be Multisite.

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    August 11, 2015 at 5:14 am

You exactly need a Coupon Theme, not Directory theme.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes