Default Map Zoom Parameter not working

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Default Map Zoom Parameter not working

Default Map Zoom Parameter not working

July 22, 2013
Mike Mike
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

At least for me, no matter what setting I choose, under submission settings, the source always shows zoom 7.

Lat and long are being set correctly.

July 22, 2013 at 5:15 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Mike, which page are you looking at for the zoom level?

July 23, 2013 at 3:02 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

under listing manager, edit front end, the map always shows in zoom level 8 no matter what default zoom level I set.

when the map displays on the listing page the zoom level is fixed at zoom level 7 no matter what default zoom level I set.

July 25, 2013 at 1:54 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

bump

July 26, 2013 at 12:56 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

i checked this but couldnt see any issues, what value have you set?

July 27, 2013 at 3:41 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

Perhaps was fixed in 3.8?
    I have tried to enter 2 though 8 as values for parameter.
    Then on directory listing display page or listing entry page, when I check source code it never changes.
    I have not looked at search results map display.

July 27, 2013 at 12:58 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

are you editing a listing or adding a new one, the edit listing zoom level will not change only the default (add listing) one.

July 27, 2013 at 2:33 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

certainly all zoom levels should change especially the level on the listing display”

also, you allow 1 digit values.
    If I start with your map tool and zoom out to cover the world, then zoom in it takes exactly 19 zoom levels to get to where i can accurately plot the address of my house.

we need a default zoom level when plotting an address and a different zoom level as default for displaying the google map on the listing.

July 28, 2013 at 7:22 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Mike, you’ll need to submit a ticket with screenshots and logins so i can see which page your referring too.

July 29, 2013 at 3:03 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

are you editing a listing or adding a new one, the edit listing zoom level will not change only the default (add listing) one.

before I submit a ticket, the above statement seems to imply that the default zoom level we enter will only affect the add listing map view

Can you confirm that the map displayed on the listing display is also referencing this parameter or is it just a fixed setting (as it appears to be).

i.e. no sense in a support ticket if what I am seeing is how 3.8 is programmed.

Thanks

July 29, 2013 at 4:04 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi Mike

no, the zoom setting is for the submission page (add new listing only) its not for the actual google map listing enhancement on the listing page.

if others are ok, ill add it to 3.9 as some might not what that.

July 29, 2013 at 6:20 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

I think your best bet would be a default submission zoom level, a separate listing display zoom level, and a third search results zoom level.

I am not sure if other map display options are avail like a map showing all the listings in a category. But ideally a center point and span should be avail for each map “display type”.

Since I know now how 3.8 should work I will test it later on the add new listing function.

Also if you could help me understand the zoom level numbers. Is 1 maximum zoom or is 9 maximum zoom?

July 29, 2013 at 1:16 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi Mike

iv updated the download to resolve the issue you found thanks. Iv also included the zoom element on the listing page.

The zoom level is 0 – 20, i put -0-9 as a reference that it should be numeric (was late) but will change that in the next update to make it easier to udnerstand.

July 29, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

Mark,
    We are making progress.
    the new 3.8 update indeed updates the lat and long numbers.
    1. Please confirm if when doing a csv import if I supply lat and long values, the map pin will be set

The zoom parameter works fine for the directory listing display page.

There still is a slight issue with your code for displaying the map on the listing creation page that appears after the search button is displayed.

The first part of your code:
    var myLatlng = new google.maps.LatLng(33.933106,-84.321442);
    var myOptions = { zoom: 5, center: myLatlng, mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP}

contains the proper value from the default parameter from the submissions settings page.
    however further down in the code you are setting the zoom level to a constant value of 9

document.getElementById("map-long").value = results[0].geometry.location.lng();
    document.getElementById("map-lat").value = results[0].geometry.location.lat();
    map.setZoom(9);}});}

I could be wrong as I am not a php coder, but in any case, the zoom level of the map never changes on the map that appears after the search button on the listing creation page, no matter what the default parameter is.

July 29, 2013 at 7:20 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

Mark,
    Any news on this.
    Thanks
    Mike

July 30, 2013 at 6:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team