Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Dating SIte – Editing The Home Page

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 5, 2019 at 4:43 pm

I’m new to this theme so please excuse the newbie questions. I know how to use WP and have built other sites using a variety of themes.

First off, editing the text on the home page. The page itself is not in the list of WP pages, so I’ve looked in the PP control panel under the obvious place Design Setup > Home Page Content.

I’ve successfully changed the images, although it generates an error if I try to choose from the existing media files. I have to upload a new file instead.

But where do I edit the text?

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 5, 2019 at 5:40 pm

I can see that Page Builder has the option to install templates, edit them, and make them live, but where do I edit the existing home page?

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 5, 2019 at 6:04 pm

I couldn’t find a way, so I’ve installed the template, edited that, and set that as the new home page.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 5, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Hello Ben,
    Welcome!
    This may provide a little clarity:

Note: You may find that there is a little bit of a learning curve with PremiumPress themes and Elementor. However, you can catch on relatively quick once you start messing with them.

Hope it helps.

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 6, 2019 at 6:38 am

Hi James,

Thanks for that. Yes, I see how it works now. I was almost there through trial and error but the section on saves templates was new to me.

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 6, 2019 at 7:10 am

I’ve worked out to create a new page using Elementor and how to create a new template too, but I can’t see how to create a page using a saved template.

When I google for this all the results are about creating pages or creating templates.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 6, 2019 at 10:34 pm

@Ben
    You’re welcome.

I’ve worked out to create a new page using Elementor and how to create a new template too, but I can’t see how to create a page using a saved template.

Use the same shortcode as in the video ([premiumpress_elementor_template id=”ELEMENTOR_ID”]), but use the specific Elementor Template id.

• ppt_yigitcanguler05-06-19_97694280
    Newbie 3 points
    June 7, 2019 at 10:29 am

Hello,

I’ve followed the video and tried to build a new page but it looks awful. The header and footer can’t be removed, or changed.

I am hoping this is the learning curve you are talking about, because it is really frustrating..

• ppt_yigitcanguler05-06-19_97694280
    Newbie 3 points
    June 7, 2019 at 11:03 am

I’ve added a picture of what it looks like after I delete a few of the blocks that I don’t want from the installed template.

It’s not stretched and in a box, although I haven’t changed any of the settings.

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 7, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Can’t see your picture. I’m not really qualified to give advice yet. Suggest you open a support ticket.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 7, 2019 at 7:59 pm

@ppt_yigitcanguler05-06-19_97694280

I’ve added a picture of what it looks like after I delete a few of the blocks that I don’t want from the installed template.

Yes, removing various blocks/elements without compensating for the space they take can cause issues and break the design or altering a core file can cause problems.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 7, 2019 at 10:49 pm

@ppt_yigitcanguler05-06-19_97694280
    I could take a look at what the potential problem is, if you’re able to provide the following:

1. Which file (full path) was edited?
    2. Where is the edited file located? (full path)?
    3. Zip up the edited file and send it to customphix [@] gmail.com or attach to this post (which may still not be working) .
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)