Date – time selection in Responsive Directory Theme

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Date – time selection in Responsive Directory Theme

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Date – time selection in Responsive Directory Theme

March 7, 2014
Ann Ann
  • Ann
    Ann
    Newbie 61 points

I am trying to use the Responsive Directory Theme as an event listing page. When people select the date, you also select the time. I use a custom field for the time and wish to not display this feature. Is there any way to do this? Also, I am using All-in-One Event Calendar, by Timely for the calendar. Can anyone tell me how to get the information from the site listings to automatically import into All-in-one without having the key them in?

March 7, 2014 at 9:30 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

wish not to display it where, on the listing page?

March 8, 2014 at 6:32 am
  • Ann
    Ann
    Newbie 61 points

It is on the Listings Page. Here are 2 images of what the customer sees.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 8, 2014 at 7:05 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

to remove the time from the date pop-up you would need to modify the core theme file.

ill see if its possible to hide it with css as editing core files isnt recommended.

March 12, 2014 at 1:11 pm
  • Christopher
    Christopher
    Newbie 42 points

I know this post is almost a month old, but I also wish to do the same thing, so if a solution is found then I’d love an update as well. :)

April 15, 2014 at 10:44 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

im unsure what Ann did in the end, maybe she can let us know.

April 16, 2014 at 2:03 am
  • Adam
    Adam
    Newbie 5 points

I’d also like to know this too Mark.
    I’ve had a look at hiding it via CSS but doesn’t seem possible.
    Is there some filter/action that could hide it from the front end but then add it upon saving the listing?

April 28, 2014 at 5:01 am
  • Christopher
    Christopher
    Newbie 42 points

Actually it would never be possible to do such a thing in CSS. CSS has nothing to do with form field functionality. The problem is, the author wanted to put time in as a requirement for putting a date into the form field. As a result, we are required by the form field to enter a time. If we DID somehow find a way to visually hide it with CSS, it would actually break the form as the form would not let us save the listing until a time is entered. So we need to be looking at the actual function code of the date field itself.

I wish that the developer would have given us a format choice for these fields. It’s a directory listing site, but obviously not every customer is going to have a specific start/stop time for everything they need to list. I went live with my site, and the frustration of start/stop times has actually yielded me a few complaints from my customers so far. I may have to change to a different directory theme to accommodate customer needs, between this and the fact that the responsive code breaks on mobile devices.

Also, speaking of mobile devices, on a side note: I know it’s not related to this thread, but can whoever runs this forum PLEASE consider letting us log in from mobile devices. Putting code on the site to remove log-in fields so we can’t log in on a smart phone is . . . well . . . not funny. I had to grab a laptop just to reply to this.

April 28, 2014 at 5:22 am
  • Ed
    Ed
    Newbie 13 points

Has this ever been resolved? The current version 6.6.1 shows the time in addition to the date. I very much would like to show only the date.

I looked at the field where the date is stored in the database and it is in a date-time field. If it were in a date field, only the date would show. It it a big programming issue to change the type of field the date is stored?

August 3, 2014 at 4:03 pm
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

Date and time or usually managed by WP – maybe you can do a search in WordPress forum to see if you can find an answer – Just a thought!

August 3, 2014 at 4:13 pm
  • Ed
    Ed
    Newbie 13 points

@Errol, This issue is not handled by WordPress, it is a database issue. My question remains, It it a big programming issue to change the type of field the date is stored? If it were changed from date-time field to date only field the time would be removed.

August 4, 2014 at 6:21 pm
  • Ann
    Ann
    Newbie 61 points

I still have not been able to resolve this issue. Any help would be great.

August 4, 2014 at 8:14 pm
  • Ed
    Ed
    Newbie 13 points

@Ann For me this is a really big deal. I wish someone would address it.

August 4, 2014 at 8:29 pm
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

im unsure what Ann did in the end, maybe she can let us know.

@Ed, I recall this thread a while back but never reread it until moment ago. From the answer herein, it seems there is a shortage of solution seeing it being posted since March. All I can say – if there is a solution maybe someone will post it here – Hope all goes well!

Regards,

August 4, 2014 at 8:56 pm
  • CodersPress.com
    CodersPress.com
    Elite Member 524 points

Can any of you share a link to where this plugin is installed?

…and the problem is you don’t what the time selector displayed to the end user?

August 5, 2014 at 10:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team