Custom Fields not showing in post edit or under screen options.

• Justin
    Justin
    Newbie 30 points
    September 22, 2016 at 1:33 pm

HI all, have trawled forum but can’t find this.

Only on 1 of my sites can I not edit the ‘custom fields’ on each post, such as ratings etc. The custom fields drop down should appear below the ‘excerpt’ dropdown. When I go to the top right and select screen options, ‘custom fields is not an option.

I have Switched off plugins and nothing.

Any ideas how to get it back? cheers.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 22, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Hello Justin,
    Which theme version are you using please.Seems Ok on the latest version 8.9.6

• Justin
    Justin
    Newbie 30 points
    September 28, 2016 at 8:13 am

Thanks Josh, bit of a silly question, I am using a child theme and unsure how to update. If I follow this below activate the new theme, then reactivate my child theme will this work?

Steps to update:
    1. Please create a backup for your site database and files first before doing any updates (themes or wordpress)
    2. Please login to: https://www.premiumpress.com/account/ then download the latest version.
    3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    4. Please login to your wordpress dashboard > Appearance > And upload the new theme and Activate
    5. Done.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 28, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Hello Justin,
    Deactivating then activate will not update theme.Please follow the steps above to update or go to Appearance >Themes >Click on parent theme >Update now

• Justin
    Justin
    Newbie 30 points
    September 29, 2016 at 12:50 pm

thanks all good 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 29, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Thanks for updating Justin 🙂

• Kashif
    Kashif
    Senior Member 151 points
    October 18, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Hi Josh I am having a similar issue here with one of my website above mentioned and I tried turning off all my plugins but still no.

couple of days ago I updated from my old classifieds theme Version 7.1.4 to Responsive Directory Theme Version 8.9.6 and using alongside a child theme September Dir 2016 Version 1.0 and followed all the procedures to move all the listings from my old theme Version 7.1.4 to new one, so today the Custom fields in edit listing post isn’t there?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes