Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Custom attributes in shop theme

• Akhlaq
    Newbie 5 points
    May 26, 2019 at 9:34 pm

The custom attributes in the shop theme only allows 4 extra options, how can this be increased?

In the video tutorial “customer fields” it show a submission page where customer fields can be added, is this option not available in the latest version of shop theme? as i cant see that option.

thanks

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 27, 2019 at 12:24 am

Hello Akhlaq,

I believe the setting you’re looking for is PremiumPress > Configuration >USER SETTINGS > Registration Fields.

• Akhlaq
    Newbie 5 points
    May 27, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Hi James

Thanks for answering this, appreciate it. Just wanted to ask when assigning a custom field , when naming the “Unique Key” does this need be the same name of the wordpress database name?

if so how do i create this in wordpress database?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 27, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Hi Akhlaq,

when naming the “Unique Key” does this need be the same name of the wordpress database name?

No, they should always be different than any other key (especially WP).

if so how do i create this in wordpress database?

The theme will create what ever valid unique name you put in there. I don’t think it should be too much concern to use the one created by default.

• Akhlaq
    Newbie 5 points
    June 8, 2019 at 4:35 pm

Hi James

I believe the setting you’re looking for is PremiumPress > Configuration >USER SETTINGS > Registration Fields.( you wrote)

I have done this but no custom field is added in my listing page? do you think there is a problem with my theme?

In the video tutorial it looks different to what i have in the shop theme. for example there is no display Category option. in my view.

Thanks

thanks

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 8, 2019 at 9:39 pm

Hi Akhlaq,
    Should be, for version 9. Are you using version 8?

• Akhlaq
    Newbie 5 points
    June 9, 2019 at 12:01 am

Hi James

I’m was using version 9. I have sent a support ticket ill wait for their reply. Thanks for your help.

Maybe you can answer this, does the custom field allow one to choose multiple items at different prices rather than just choosing one item (In list view). For example: when choosing sizes it can change the size and it price. but can it allow to select two sizes and add the charges accordingly?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 9, 2019 at 3:11 am

Hi Akhlaq,
    My appologies, I think I may have misunderstood. Those are for user specific fields, not directly related to listings.

Doesn’t look like the Shop theme is setup for public listings/memberships or have the area Submission Setup where custom fields are usually located, like the other themes. Unfortunately seems the options are to either use what’s available or do it manually.

The individual pages have some options to add attributes, but they’re limited and it’s per product, which means you would need to do this separately for all products needing the new attribute. I’m unaware of any easier method without a some hacking.

does the custom field allow one to choose multiple items at different prices rather than just choosing one item (In list view)
    Not without manual changes.

Honestly, it would be about the same as if using a taxonomy, would still need to manually integrate a multiple select dropdown and process to configure selections.

Hopefully support will respond and have some type of solution/method available.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)