CSV Upload question

• Bernie
    Bernie
    Newbie 37 points
    August 16, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Mark I have an interest in using Turbo CSV which I am told will create categories and tags based on the upload. They have a bit of a disclaimer about using custom fields. Please take a look at this and let me know what you think:

TurboCSV is compatible with WordPress 3.0 and higher. It requires PHP version 5.2 or higher.

“TurboCSV fully supports WordPress custom posts types, taxonomies and fields. However, some custom post type / field plugins use proprietary tables that are not compatible. If you are using a plugin to create custom post types or special fields, please check that it is fully compatible with data imported into standard WordPress tables.”

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 16, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I believe that applies to plugins that create their own ‘tables’ and/or ‘special’ custom fields (which usually have names that start with underscore and are hidden from the WP custom fields section).

Kind regards,

Richard

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 17, 2013 at 1:11 am

Bernie if thats what it says then it may work but until you try it its not 100%.

• Bernie
    Bernie
    Newbie 37 points
    August 17, 2013 at 3:30 am

Thank you Richard / Mark.

So what you are saying is that the responsive directory theme does not use proprietary tables and does use standard Word Press tables?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes