csv Question

• Andy
    Andy
    Newbie 66 points
    August 4, 2013 at 7:39 am

I am trying to add ‘Comments’ and also Google Maps to some listings via my csv file.
    My questions are:

1) Re comments, my keys are ‘comment_count’ and ‘comment_status’ – what do I need to enter into these in order to activate comments.

2) How do I activate Google Maps, I’ve checked out previous threads on the forum, but I’m still none the wiser … looks like it might be a complicated process?!? My keys are ‘map-loglat’ and ‘map_location’

• Andy
    Andy
    Newbie 66 points
    August 4, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Ok, so I’ve worked out that in order to activate the comments function on my csv file I just enter ‘open’ into the ‘Comment_Status’ field, but I’m still none the wiser on how to get Google Maps working from the csv file … ??

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm

which theme?

• Andy
    Andy
    Newbie 66 points
    August 4, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Directory Press

• Andy
    Andy
    Newbie 66 points
    August 5, 2013 at 5:03 am

Any thoughts Mark?

• Bernie
    Bernie
    Newbie 37 points
    August 5, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I have the same question Mark. I am using 3.9 of the responsive directory theme. When I am creating the csv template file I have a field for: showgooglemap and I fill the field with yes.

I have the package ID set for package 1 that includes the Google map display.

I downloaded a sample listing that I created that displayed the map. I uploaded it and of course it worked fine.

When I deleted the [LOCATION] field and uploaded it was fine. When I deleted the map latitude and longitude it did not work even when I had the location field filled it.

It seems to me that for the csv upload to work it requires the latitude and longitude which is not something my listing data has. Am I correct?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 5, 2013 at 4:42 pm

It seems to me that for the csv upload to work it requires the latitude and longitude which is not something my listing data has. Am I correct?

yes, the map display requires lat and log to be used.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes