CSV Import killed my website!

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme CSV Import killed my website!

CSV Import killed my website!

July 29, 2013
Jesse Jesse
  • Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points

Hi, I used CSV Import to upload my listings and as soon as I had, I got redirected from my DP dashboard to the standard “Welcome to the famous five minute WordPress installation process!” – in other words, I got redirected back to /wp-admin/install.php and I can’t access my site or dashboard anymore. Help!

Note #1: I made successful test uploads many times while testing (max 5 records), hoping to create the right database keys and data to suit the needs of DP, but then I accidentally uploaded a CSV file that may not have suited my DP install (all I did was add 2 new database keys which were not reflected in the CSV upload). Granted, this is the first time I tried uploading my master file of 350 records and there could have been other errors in the file?

But seriously, how would this have broken my website?? Help!

July 29, 2013 at 6:05 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

do you have a copy of your CSv file so i can have a look?

i dont think a CSV import could kill your site, if you had to reinstall WordPress then your entire database has gone of which couldnt be done via a CSV import.

July 29, 2013 at 6:18 am
  • Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points

Thanks Mark, I just sent a copy via support ticket… it might look a little messy in some places because I tried to follow the same database syntax as was used when I downloaded a sample CSV file and didn’t know 100% what I was doing!

July 29, 2013 at 6:30 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

whats your ticket id?

July 29, 2013 at 6:33 am
  • Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points

Hi Mark,

I don’t understand, last night I got locked out of my site (see screenshot) – neither my front nor back-end would appear (I got the “famous 5-min WordPress install” page instead) – and this morning I’m back in like everything is normal. Did you do something to magically fix it? My Ticket ID: IZE-897-75899.

So bizarre…

Jesse

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

Sounds like a browser cache issue. Last night you killed you browser and turned off your machine clearing the cache.

July 29, 2013 at 6:19 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Or the database server was offline.

July 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 84 points

+1

July 29, 2013 at 6:39 pm
  • Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points

Thanks for the feedback; actually I just put my machine into hibernate (and didn’t close my browser)… does this mean it would have been on my server end? I use iPage and just sent them a query to investigate. Definitely not something I’d want my future users to see, how embarrassing.

July 29, 2013 at 7:14 pm
  • Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points

Confirmed: IPage had a mysql server reboot – 15min outage! Ugh.

July 29, 2013 at 9:28 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Another mystery solved. 😉

July 29, 2013 at 9:39 pm
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team