Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Jesse

CSV Import killed my website!

Hi, I used CSV Import to upload my listings and as soon as I had, I got redirected from my DP dashboard to the standard "Welcome to the famous five minute WordPress installation process!" - in other words, I got redirected back to /wp-admin/install.php and I can't access my site or dashboard anymore. Help! Note #1: I made successful test uploads many times while testing (max 5 records), hoping to create the right database keys and data to suit the needs of DP, but then I accidentally uploaded a CSV file that may not have suited my DP install (all I did was add 2 new database keys which were not reflected in the CSV upload). Granted, this is the first time I tried uploading my master file of 350 records and there could have been other errors in the file? But seriously, how would this have broken my website?? Help!

Created: July 29, 2013 at 6:05 am

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    July 29, 2013 at 6:18 am

do you have a copy of your CSv file so i can have a look?

i dont think a CSV import could kill your site, if you had to reinstall WordPress then your entire database has gone of which couldnt be done via a CSV import.

• Jesse
    Jesse
    July 29, 2013 at 6:30 am

Thanks Mark, I just sent a copy via support ticket… it might look a little messy in some places because I tried to follow the same database syntax as was used when I downloaded a sample CSV file and didn’t know 100% what I was doing!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    July 29, 2013 at 6:33 am

whats your ticket id?

• Jesse
    Jesse
    July 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Hi Mark,

I don’t understand, last night I got locked out of my site (see screenshot) – neither my front nor back-end would appear (I got the “famous 5-min WordPress install” page instead) – and this morning I’m back in like everything is normal. Did you do something to magically fix it? My Ticket ID: IZE-897-75899.

So bizarre…

Jesse

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark
    Mark
    July 29, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Sounds like a browser cache issue. Last night you killed you browser and turned off your machine clearing the cache.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    July 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Or the database server was offline.

• Mark
    Mark
    July 29, 2013 at 6:39 pm

+1

• Jesse
    Jesse
    July 29, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback; actually I just put my machine into hibernate (and didn’t close my browser)… does this mean it would have been on my server end? I use iPage and just sent them a query to investigate. Definitely not something I’d want my future users to see, how embarrassing.

• Jesse
    Jesse
    July 29, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Confirmed: IPage had a mysql server reboot – 15min outage! Ugh.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    July 29, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Another mystery solved. 😉

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments