Kari

CSV Import File – Required Headings

I've uploaded the PremiumPress CSV Spreadsheet Import Plugin - when creating the spreadsheet to upload, which headings are required? The article/video tutorial here is from 2013 - so not sure if this is outdated? https://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/27/0/using-excel-spreadsheets-csv I was able to export my existing listings and the file shows all of the headings listed below. A few questions: 1. When uploading new offers, which of these headings would be required? 2. Do all of these headings need to be included in the spreadsheet (blank or not) - or can you upload a file with only the required headings? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks. ID post_author post_date post_content post_title post_excerpt post_type category listing_status_msg visitorcounter code coupon_txt link start_date expiry_date topcategory featured html listing_sticker packageID coupon_type showgooglemap listing_expiry_date access timeaccess pt_initial_start width body clicks lastused hits image_array ratingup rating_total pending_message listing_price listing_price_due post_tags listing_price_paid listing_price_paid_date email_sent_30dayreminder email_sent_15dayreminder email_sent_1dayreminder hits_array post_id

Created: September 9, 2016 at 12:10 am
  • In: Coupon Theme
  • Started by: Kari
  • 2 members left 2 comments
  • Last reply from: Kari

• Josh
    September 9, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Hello Kari,
    Enter only headings you want included in your listing eg

ID
    post_author
    post_date
    post_content
    post_title
    post_excerpt
    post_type
    category
    expiry_date
    coupon_type

Note required headers must be included:
    post_title
    post_excerpt
    post_content

You can always add more fields after the listings have been uploaded

• Kari
    September 9, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Thanks Josh! If uploading a CSV file and not including the ID field, would the admin automatically assign an ID #? Wanting to make sure to not assign an ID # that might already be saved as a different offer. Thanks for your insight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)