CSV import & download XML file

Hi All, I need to upload a very large business listing csv sheet but when i try using the current CSV import plugin i get this error: "The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version". Then i tried to use the "tools" tap to download the XML download file that is suggested in the video titled "Importing CSV Files" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mWID9hD4hI#t=190) ....but i cant find it on my theme and looked on the forum also couldn't find it (my page is very different than the one on the video, i have images of the pages and i will upload if i can). So I searched online for a csv importer and found this one: WP CSV to Database Plugin – Import Excel File Content into WordPress database (MySQL) URL: https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wp-csv-to-database-plugin-import-excel-file-content-into-wordpress-database-2116/comment-page-1 so i was wondering if anyone has used this plugin already and can give me some feedback? Also i have this question too: can i upload a whole csv sheet with many fields and thousands of business listing, to a single category? without setting up categories and subcategories? i have also included a sample of my CSV sheet that i want to import. Thanks! Jay

Created: June 17, 2014 at 4:25 am
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: Anonymous
  • 5 members left 7 comments
  • Last reply from: Mark FailMark Fail

• Anonymous
    June 17, 2014 at 4:36 am

here,s a screen shot of my CSV file
    Thanks
    Jay

• zarko
    zarko
    June 17, 2014 at 5:33 pm

hi jalal,

Regarding the error, you should check with your hosting provider to enable this command in mysql, check this thread

can i upload a whole csv sheet with many fields and thousands of business listing, to a single category? without setting up categories and subcategories?

Yes, if you have ‘category’ column with the same name for each row, all listings will go to this category

• Anonymous
    June 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Hi zarko,
    Thank for your reply, do i need to have the “post-” added to each ‘category’ column?
    is there a template or a sample CSV that i could use as guide?
    Thanks
    Jalal

• Anonymous
    June 18, 2014 at 12:10 am

Hi
    I did as you instructed me, i asked my host to change the but still i get the message when i try to upload the CSV file: Import Failed, The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version
    so i contacted the host again and they asked about the CSV importéexport requierment to be able to assist me further:
    here is what they say:
    I wanna see the requirements of this plugin
    Unfortunately, I cannot see the requirements of this plugin on their website. From the error which I see in your account and also the feedback from the users using this plugin. In order to make it work we need to make changes on the MySQL database service of the server, which cannot be done. We can make additional configuration in the settings for your account, but in Shared hosting environment, we cannot make changes on the MySQL service. Could you please contact the Developer of the plugin and ask them to send you the full requirements for the plugin. So we could check, if we are able to enable all of them for you
    Thanks
    Jalal

• Ed
    Ed
    June 18, 2014 at 1:37 am

Glad to see I am not the only one with this problem. I posted the same issue under Auction Press.

I was told it was a Hosting company issue, I’ve posted there responses and am waiting for some type of guidance from Premium Press. 😐

• DARREN
    August 8, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I found this plugin mentioned here
    XML and affiliate data linking. basic understanding

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    August 8, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Basically the plugin uses the MYSQL command LOAD IN to load the data directly into your database. Some hosting provider have no compiled this function with their MYSQL support which is why you need to contact them to add it for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)