CSV Images Uploads Not In Attachment Manager

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 5 points
    May 12, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Hi I’ve successfully ran multiple listing uploads with the featured image set along with additional ‘images’ which all work great.

But i have notice an issue when editing the listing either in the frontend or backend those image do not appear in the ‘Attachment Manager’. This does not allow end users to edit the photos on the listings mass uploaded.

Any one out there have a solution?

Thanks

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 5 points
    August 11, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Any one?

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    August 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm

When you run import, the images are not ‘attached’ and thus are not available. All the import does is store the image urls in a custom field, which is then used by the theme. In order to make the images available, you would need some function that would ‘read’ the images custom field and ‘attach’ those images.

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 5 points
    August 13, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Thanks Mark,

Do you know if anyone has done this? Example code? Or is this a custom scripting job?

If so, I would like a quote if at all possible.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 13, 2015 at 7:57 pm

You can post your request here, Chris: https://www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

HTH 🙂

• Mark
    Mark
    Titan 733 points
    August 13, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I had the similar issue with the old v7 themes and at that time I got a plugin from Richard Bonk called Attach Post Images, but it works only on posts. Maybe try contacting Richard if he could modify it for you?

The old plugin can be found here:
    https://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/old-non-responsive-themes/attach-post-images/

• MD
    Newbie 8 points
    September 10, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Hi Chris

Please let me know how, if you were able to upload the image urls using csv file
    and it resulted in a post with images.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes