Coupon Theme – home page store slider – no access to edit featured stores

• nick.downarowicz
    Newbie 3 points
    January 22, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Hi,

Using Coupon theme, child theme 11.

I’ve been trying to get some sort of help with an issues. When we first purchased the coupon theme thought would be a bit more straight forward to use and customize. After submitting a ticket with customer support there seem to be a drag with every reply, 10 days later and the only thing I got back was them asking if they can disable some plugins. I need some actual support to rather a simple question.

Does anyone know how to select featured stores on the home page slider and where to edit this slider from?

Does anyone know where in the admin panel the home page hero image can be edited (color, background, slider)? I found where the text can be edited from.

Deals page shows the sidebar shifted left at the bottom of the page: https://seniorshoppingcorner.com/deals/. How can I fix this?

Stores pages, when clicking on a store it doesn’t shows all the offers and coupons, although they have been created and assigned. https://seniorshoppingcorner.com/store/trumedic/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Elena

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,401 points
    January 23, 2020 at 4:30 am

Hello Elena,

Does anyone know how to select featured stores on the home page slider and where to edit this slider from?

The PP elementor widget has limited options, but does offer a few. If you want specific stores displayed then you would need a custom solution and edit some theme files to your specifications.

Does anyone know where in the admin panel the home page hero image can be edited (color, background, slider)? I found where the text can be edited from.

Easiest way may be to edit the homepage template via elementor editor and switch the Hero widget with the {Hero}. The Hero widget only has a few options for text and nothing for the styling. The other widget does, but has a different format/look. You could use CSS to change the background & colors if you would like to keep the same “hero” style. The carousel is a part of the Hero widget template, but has no settings for it, so a custom solution may be needed.

Deals page shows the sidebar shifted left at the bottom of the page: https://seniorshoppingcorner.com/deals/. How can I fix this?

After reviewing the code it doesn’t look like the sidebar is actually supposed to be displayed, but is. I’m pretty sure that’s a bug.

One option is to remove the sidebar at the bottom:
    Go to your Deals page edit screen and change the PPT – Page Columns setting to “Full Width” then save. The only other option I’m aware of would be a custom solution.

Stores pages, when clicking on a store it doesn’t shows all the offers and coupons, although they have been created and assigned.

Could be a number of things. Something like this is typically a result of an admin setting somewhere or expired listings and/or settings. I’d recommend going over the expirations first, then the other settings like packages, listings, membership privileges, etc…

Note: By “custom solution” I’m referring to making theme changes outside of the scope of the original theme functions and it’s settings. If you’re unfamiliar then it may require a developer or someone with required skills to accomplish the task.

Hope it helps.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,401 points
    January 23, 2020 at 4:56 am

Forgot to add this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• nick.downarowicz
    Newbie 3 points
    January 23, 2020 at 3:12 pm

James,

I really appreciate your help. You confirmed my guess that there is not way to control the slider and that is hard coded into the template. I figured out how to reorder this stores but wish I had more control.

Will try your fix for the sidebar shifting at the bottom.

Thanks again!
    Elena

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,401 points
    January 24, 2020 at 2:29 am

You’re welcome Elena.

• nick.downarowicz
    Newbie 3 points
    January 24, 2020 at 9:47 pm

James,

Turns out the offers weren’t showing up because they didn’t have an expiry date set.

For some reason, I can’t find anymore where to change the copy for the Home page Hero image, if you can point me in the right direction.

Also, is there any way to create a page with Coupons only? I see there is one for Deals.

Thanks for all the help!
    Elena

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,401 points
    January 25, 2020 at 2:40 am

@Elena

“For some reason, I can’t find anymore where to change the copy for the Home page Hero image, if you can point me in the right direction.”

Go to PremiumPress > Design Setup. Click on the View Templates in the Elementor Templates section.
    Next to the Homepage text click the Install or Reinstall button. After successfully installing, click the edit the template link located within the success message.

Or you can go to Elementor > Templates anytime to edit it.

Here’s a video installing the default child theme home page

“Also, is there any way to create a page with Coupons only? I see there is one for Deals”

Create a template via Elementor. Once you’ve gotten it how you like, you would next need to create a regular WP page with the short code [premiumpress_elementor_template id="ELEMENTOR_TPL_ID"] and replace the ELEMENTOR_TPL_ID with the ID created from the new Elementor template. All changes would be made in that Elementor template.

Hope this makes sense.

• nick.downarowicz
    Newbie 3 points
    January 27, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Thank you James!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,401 points
    January 29, 2020 at 12:30 am

You’re welcome Elena.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Build your WordPress Business today with our WordPress Business themes.