coupon theme 9.4.1 w/ coupon classic child. Which design tools to use please?

• mark
    mark
    Senior Member 183 points
    January 21, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Confused about best way to design child the way we would like. Is there a preferred method please? Thanks guys!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    January 22, 2020 at 4:28 am

I design them using the Elementor builder and simply export the homepage design – i personally find this easiest.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    January 22, 2020 at 9:28 am

@mark
    Here is an example on how to import the PP child theme homepage template to help get started:
    Video Example.

After you import the theme, and made all the changes you want, you would next need to create a page with the short code [premiumpress_elementor_template id="ELEMENTOR_TPL_ID"] and replace the ELEMENTOR_TPL_ID with the ID created from the import.

Then assign the page as the homepage in the WP settings.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything or you run into probs.

• mark
    mark
    Senior Member 183 points
    January 22, 2020 at 11:36 am

Wow! Thanks for the clarity JamesD and granular explanation. Thank you also Mark Fail for weighing in. Have a great day guys!

• mark
    mark
    Senior Member 183 points
    January 22, 2020 at 11:42 am

PS loved the video! Extremely helpful JamesD! Thanks again!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    January 22, 2020 at 6:16 pm

You’re welcome, glad it helped.

• mark
    mark
    Senior Member 183 points
    January 24, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Hi JamesD. So elementor is used to edit every page in the child theme or no? Thanks! Just find the elementor thing very confusing and not natural. Maybe I am just old school haha:-)

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    January 25, 2020 at 2:05 am

Hi mark,
    I agree with you as far as Elementor adding confusion as well as adding another layer of learning for a WP theme. I’m more old school myself too and it can drive me crazy how some things aren’t as easy to alter as one would think.

If I’m understanding you correctly, I think it really depends on the page needing editing. Elementor widgets should help make things a little more “user friendly”, but there could be limitations on customizing.

A lot of the functionality seems to be part of Elementor now, but you should still be able to use WP sidebar widgets and page shortcodes or by editing template files.

• mark
    mark
    Senior Member 183 points
    January 25, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Thank you JamesD! Just not a fan of elementor I’m afraid. Just seems counter-intuitive with an extra layer of bs to work through and of course you are relying on yet another plugin instead of native. Just my 2 cents.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    January 26, 2020 at 8:46 am

You’re welcome mark.

I agree with you !00%

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes