Coupon Press issue with CHMOD

• John
    John
    Newbie 9 points
    August 29, 2013 at 4:21 pm

First I’d just like to say I purchased Coupon Press then upgraded to responsive within just a few hours I was so happy with the product. My only issue is that I set the file path for image uploads to the recommended file, then CHMOD’ed the files to777. It shows that it is set that way on file manager through my hosting, and through my ftp on FileZilla, but it still is saying that it isn’t through Coupon Press. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 29, 2013 at 6:12 pm

are you now using couponpress or the responsive version, i ask since the responsive version no longer uses its own thumbs folder (thus no need to chomod) as it uses the wordpress paths.

i suggest if your using the responsive version to login to your admin, under the settings -> media tab remove any custom path there so WordPress can restore the default one.

• John
    John
    Newbie 9 points
    August 29, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Here is what it looks like from my viewpoint. I thought I had uninstalled the couponpress and installed the Responsive version, but I am pretty new at this whole thing, so I might have screwed it up there. Does that image help determine my issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 29, 2013 at 7:17 pm

The image is not from the Responsive Theme

• John
    John
    Newbie 9 points
    August 29, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I must not have installed it correctly then. I’ll try to update it again. Thanks.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 29, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Just go to your admin > Appearance > Themes > Install Themes – install the Responsive Theme of your choice then activate. You don’t have to delete your old v7 theme.
    After that install the v7 to responsive transfer plugin to transfer your old coupons and other stuff.

• John
    John
    Newbie 9 points
    August 29, 2013 at 9:59 pm

It’s fixed. Thanks for helping me out. Everything seems to work great now.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 30, 2013 at 5:48 pm

glad you got it going šŸ™‚

• Elyssa
    Elyssa
    Newbie 7 points
    October 27, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Hi There,

I think this is my exact problem but i do not have the option to install the responsive themeā€¦please helpā€¦I cannot see my images no matter how hard i try!

https://www.simplycoupons.ca

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes