an
groups-icon

couple of newbie questions

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    0 points
    Beginner

i’ve been using wordpress for 2 weeks now, although i do have other experience with programming etc.

there’s a couple of things i am trying to get my head round with the classifieds theme, for which i created a child theme.

http://www.buyandsellyourstuff.co.uk if you want to look

i’m not sure about listing/memberships. what i want/understand are probabaly 2 things. I want private individuals to have : a) a free 7 day membership to list 1 item, b) a 30-day paid membership to list items at the standard rate, e.g. £3 per listing Then, i want businesses to have: a rolling 30-day membership with a fee to list items at the standard rate e.g. £5 each. Upgrades are available for each type purchased at the time.

so, for memberships how much is a reasonable amount to charge? what price are others charging?

whats the best way to set up listings and also memberships? do i really need listings? If i just have a membership package with listings included what happens when they run out? Or if i specify zero listings as free would it automatically select the listings packages?

The current test set up, my own free listing, has been used and there’s a “renew” button which tries to “pay” for the renewal. would it not be better to have “upgrade” instead? It also says “delete a listing” to continue so they could delete a listing and relist another (e.g. if sold)?

The other queries are page related. The ads shown “advertise here” – how can i get them to show my own banners I have created saying “advertise here” but graphically? I would like to make moving gif banners and display them. I tried uploading banners and setting them in the banner/adverts area of admin but they dont show.

I have amended the “how it works” page via child theme, but want it full width without side bar, which i would like to repeat with contacts, about me and myaccounts etc. I also noticed the how-it-works page doesn’t show the page name at the top while the others do. If all else, I would prefer this title gone or perhaps a graphical enhancement via the “pictures” on my other pages.

At the very top right is dashboard, which is the same as myaccount (or seems to be). can i remove this item from the header menu?

thanks for your help/advice.

andy

August 31, 2015 at 7:57 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    August 31, 2015 at 12:52 pm
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 31, 2015 at 2:36 pm
  • Mark Fail
    11,848 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    September 2, 2015 at 6:28 am

Views

Replies