an
groups-icon

country list / county(state) list

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner

Morning all – well it’s morning in the UK anyway 😉

I’ve got a little issue with the drop down lists in the address part of checkout.

I’m only shipping to the UK so wanted to remove all other countries (that’s done)
    I also, initially, wanted to remove the states part completely. I was having Afghanistan states appearing in the list.

So I then chopped out ALL states from all countries apart from the UK. Now although that stopped the Afghan states etc the box now doesn’t even show the UK states.

What else did I do? Well I changed some text in the language file – as per screen grab. Would that have made a difference? Screen grab doesn’t show the empty states list, but it’s empty for sure.

Any ideas?

Of course – I can change the language file to “Not Required” but that seems like a messy hack to me – and not a great UX.

The only thing I noticed in the code (class-search.php) is that the UK is referred to as GB. I assume that’s correct though as the drop down worked before I chopped out the countries. Here’s the first part of MY class-search.php file.

<?php

$GLOBALS[‘core_country_list’] = array(‘GB’ => ‘United Kingdom’);

$GLOBALS[‘core_state_list’] = array(

‘GB’ => ‘England|Northern Ireland|Scotland|Wales’,
    //’GB’ => ‘Aberdeenshire|Alderney|Angus|Antrim|Argyll|Armagh|Avon|Ayrshire|Banffshire|Bedfordshire|Berkshire|Berwickshire|Blaenau Gwent|Borders|Bridgend|Buckinghamshire|Bute|Caerphilly|Caithness|Cambridgeshire|Cardiff|Carmarthenshire|Central|Ceredigion|Cheshire|Clackmannanshire|Cleveland|Clwyd|Co. Antrim|Co. Armagh|Co. Derry|Co. Down|Co. Fermanagh|Co. Tyrone|Conwy|Cornwall|Cumberland|Cumbria|Denbighshire|Derbyshire|Derry|Devon|Dorset|Down|Dumfries & Galloway|Dumfriesshire|Dunbartonshire|Durham|Dyfed|East Lothian|East Sussex|Essex|Fermanagh|Fife|Flintshire|Gloucestershire|Grampian|Greater London|Greater Manchester|Guernsey|Gwent|Gwynedd|Hampshire|Hereford & Worcester|Herefordshire|Hertfordshire|Highland|Humberside|Huntingdonshire|Inverness|Isle Of Man|Isle of Anglesey|Isle of Wight|Jersey|Kent|Kincardineshire|Kinross-shire|Kirkcudbrightshire|Lanarkshire|Lancashire|Leicestershire|Lincolnshire|Lothian|Merseyside|Merthyr Tydfil|Mid Glamorgan|Middlesex|Midlothian|Monmouthshire|Moray|Nairnshire|Neath Port Talbot|Newport|Norfolk|North Yorkshire|Northamptonshire|Northumberland|Nottinghamshire|Orkney|Oxfordshire|Peebleshire|Pembrokeshire|Perthshire|Powys|Renfrewshire|Rhondda Cynon Taff|Ross & Cromarty|Roxburghshire|Rutland|Scotland|Selkirkshire|Shetland|Shropshire|Somerset|South Glamorgan|South Yorkshire|Staffordshire|Stirlingshire|Strathclyde|Suffolk|Surrey|Sussex|Sutherland|Swansea|Tayside|Torfaen|Tyne & Wear|Tyne and Wear|Tyrone|Vale of Glamorgan|Wales|Warwickshire|West Glamorgan|West Lothian|West Midlands|West Riding|West Sussex|West Yorkshire|Western Isles|Westmoorland|Westmorland|Wigtownshire|Wiltshire|Worcestershire|Wrexham|Yorkshire’,

);

Any help would be great, thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 12, 2016 at 9:10 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 2:32 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 3:28 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 3:40 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 4:39 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 4:47 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 4:53 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 5:02 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 5:54 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 12, 2016 at 7:45 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 13, 2016 at 12:17 pm
  • simon richardson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 13, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Views

Replies