Content Page- Listing Page Layout

• Kathryn
    Kathryn
    Newbie 74 points
    March 21, 2015 at 12:47 am

Since the theme update I have had a lot of issues with the website. Right now I am trying to get my Listing Search page set back the way it used to be. I no longer have the option to choose a layout as in the video tutorial. see attached.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 21, 2015 at 4:32 am

In another post on the forum it stated that 8.1 is for new install – it would be best to revert back to your old site if you have a backup and wait for updates

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 21, 2015 at 6:29 am

Hello Kathryn
    The new release has a different listing page layout.You might have to revert to the earlier version or play around with the Custom Layout

• Kathryn
    Kathryn
    Newbie 74 points
    March 21, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Josh and Errol,

If I go back to my previous version when updates come out and I do the update will my site look like this again?

My main problem is with function. With the map fully across the screen anyone on a mobile device is unable to scroll past the map to see the listing below. they just keep scrolling on the map.

Thanks for your help!

Kathryn

• M
    M
    Senior Member 278 points
    March 21, 2015 at 5:46 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 22, 2015 at 6:00 am

i’m confused, the screenshot you attached in the first one shows your using the custom layout for the search/listing page… if this is not the one you currently see can we see this instead?

• Kathryn
    Kathryn
    Newbie 74 points
    March 22, 2015 at 1:52 pm

@Mark,

Thanks so much for your response. When I go to the Content Page set up this is exactly what I see. The only other options are content-listing-directory.php

I realized we messed up by adding 8.1 to a live site. 🙁 We had been dealing with an issue of a hack from a plugin and have backed up data 10 days. Spent a lot of time trying to put this site back together as I had done a lot of changes to the look of the site. I am now trying to decide the best course of action. I can back up another day ( it will be a lot of work to redo all of the changes I had previously made to the site) If that is the best course of action however I will do that.

You mentioned that you would be adding the previous version to the child themes. If I add the child theme for the previous version will it restore my site to the previous look and feel? This would of course save me a lot of extra work.

Again, Thanks so much for your help!

Kathryn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes