Confusing Registering Screens

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Job Board Theme Confusing Registering Screens

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Confusing Registering Screens

September 21, 2018
Dinesh Dinesh
  • Dinesh
    Dinesh
    Newbie 43 points

Registering for the first time is really confusing. Currently, a user can register in several ways:
    (a) Through selecting Register
    (b) Through the Login or Sign Up Screen then selecting Register
    (c) The template where they can chose As a Employer or Job Seeker

If they register through the template, they can choose whether to select whether they are the Employer or Job Seeker – HOWEVER, if they chose (a) or (b), it takes them to what appears to be a generic login screen. However, when a user registers using this, they register as an Employer.

For a first time user, this can be really confusing.

(a) Can you please make it so that whatever way they chose to register, it gives them only two options – Employer or Job Seeker.
    (b) As a side issue – when a user is logged in and they click on “Login in” or “Sign Up” or “Register” there is no message to say that they are already logged, or are already registered, and it allows them to login and register again
    (c) A potential security issue is that a new user can register their details from another users account without the user having to log out.

If I have got this wrong, or not using the software correctly, please let me know

Kind Regards

September 21, 2018 at 10:48 am
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo
    Newbie 22 points

I have the same problem.
    Whatever type of record the user makes, he simply becomes an employer. In earlier versions of JobBoard this did not happen. The records were separate.

I think this is some bug in the update. Mark, it would be interesting to adjust the dashboard of the users (different for employers and jobseekers).

I use JobBoard in my project, but the update is making it difficult and the bugs are many.

I opened a ticket on that. If you could prioritize the adjustments, it would be a great help.

Thank you

December 7, 2018 at 8:15 pm

• Amir
    Newbie 1 points

Hi,
    My post is not regarding your issue, but can you please help me to use the template where they can chose As a Employer or Job Seeker when registring/login?
    Regards,
    Amir

January 11, 2019 at 10:15 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Thanks for your feedback,

Ill try and redesign it to make it less confusing, the user can switch their account type via their members area (edit details) but ill see about creating more options during registration.

January 13, 2019 at 4:22 am
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team