Confirmation Link

Confirmation Link

July 23, 2013
Steven Steven
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points

the email that gets sent out for confirmation of the mailing list does not allow a clickable link on the (link) Is there a way to make it clickable instead of having to copy and paste in browser to confirm your email?

July 23, 2013 at 6:04 pm
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 53 points

Hi Steven,

have you already tried to add a link “by hand” into the confirmation email you have created and assigned to “Email Subscription”?

And delete the (link).

Cannot test it while my Mailing Link doesn’t work correctly but I guess this should work.

Regards
    Thomas

July 23, 2013 at 9:47 pm
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points

I think I added a link there, not sure what link to add.. Do I just make up any old link as this is kind of a guess work because there is not enough instructions to go on…

July 23, 2013 at 11:37 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi Steven

the link is clickable depending on the users mailbox, if you make it html and the user doesnt accept html emails the link will be stripped completely and for most users a normal link (text format) is converted to a link anyways.

July 24, 2013 at 4:11 am
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 53 points

1. Go to your admin panel ->Email Setup ->Mailing List -> Email Settings

2. Create your confirmation email with the “(link)” in it

3. Put the link to the page where you want customers to be leaded to when clicking the link (see attached image) into the last field of the form.
    This can be any page of your site, i.e. login page or a “thank you” page you created for this.

4. Save Email

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 24, 2013 at 4:15 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 24, 2013 at 4:24 am
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points

Thanks Guys!

July 24, 2013 at 1:15 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 24, 2013 at 2:37 pm
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points

Hi Mark, on this confirmation link, if I leave it alone and just create a thank you page, then it should send a link to the email and then once clicked, go to the thank you page and add an entry into the mailing list on the site, is this correct? I have done this so many time, changed the link, got the verification email, and been sent to my new thank you page. However, there is no entry for this email on the mailing list in my admin panel. Is it not suppose to add the email to the mailing list?

thanks for your help in advance

July 24, 2013 at 2:48 pm
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points

I am just having TWO small issues and I wish I could resolve them soon because I am rally excited about this new theme. One issue is that when I am trying to gather a mailing list, you can verify the email and be sent to a thank you page but no email is saved in the mailing list under emails. Second issue is when I have maps enabled, I take the time to click and find my address, but the map never shows up on my listing like the demo. I have everything enabled I think.,,

July 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 53 points

Hi Steven,

after I got solved my HTTPS caused mailing list problem (by deleting the SSL certificate :mrgreen: ) my theme now is able to send confirmation mails to subscribers.
    And, what should I say? No link at all, just link text in the email.
    After a look on received HTML it was clear that there isnt sent any link!

I changed (link) in my cofirmation email to what you see in the image and it works fine.

@Mark

1. Is this a mailserver issue or is it in the code?

2. Once having confirmed and been leaded to my thankyou page, I expected to find myself listed under “Confirmed Users”. But no result, list is still empty.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 25, 2013 at 1:05 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Thomas, the link is included as iv tried many servers, if your link isnt there im unsure and would need to test your setup.

July 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm
  • Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points

Why does the the system add the email you used to sign up to the mailing list to the list in your admin panel one moment, then when trying again, it does not get added to the list? It seems to work when it wants to.

July 25, 2013 at 4:18 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

lol a system that thinks for itself, that would be a great addition :)

which emails have u tried, ill test them and see which ones dont work.

July 26, 2013 at 2:00 am
  • Denise
    Denise
    Newbie 41 points

I am having the same problem, so please share what is the final solution.

July 26, 2013 at 3:28 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team