Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Click To Copy vs. Get Code

• Stephen
    Stephen
    Senior Member 215 points
    July 17, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I like the pop-up box with the code in it, but I also would like to have the click copy the code to the clipboard. Is that possible?

Stephen

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points
    July 18, 2013 at 4:15 am

The reason I am not a fan of zero clipboard is that it requires the user to have flash installed, effectively removing the mobile and Apple audience from your potential clickthroughs.

Best of both worlds would be great or even an alternative to zclip – not sure if there is one?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 18, 2013 at 5:14 am

This was something i looked into as Aaron mentioned it a few times, alot of mobile browsers dont support the copy to clipboard option so it causes conflicts.

Ill see about adding it as an on/off option so you can make your own decision.

• Joanne
    Joanne
    Newbie 7 points
    July 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Hi, love the new theme, but I am a little worried about breaking TOS. Many stores have rules that you can not use any type of click to see the code.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 19, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Hi Joanne

this isn’t the same as your not ‘clicking to see’ the code, your getting the code from the next page.

clicking to see is when its partially covered and u click to reveal all.

• Joanne
    Joanne
    Newbie 7 points
    July 26, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Mark!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 27, 2013 at 8:41 am

np

• Dave
    Dave
    Newbie 13 points
    June 8, 2014 at 4:42 am

Hi Mark,

You mentioned you were looking at adding this option to copy code to clipboard, is there any update or date for this?
    Or can you advise how we can alter the code manually
    As having the copy code to clipboard feature is important and many others have posted wanting it too

thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)