Claim Listing Function after import

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Claim Listing Function after import

Claim Listing Function after import

July 6, 2013
Mike Mike
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

When I import a csv to create listings, the author is assigned to me.
    Is this the reason that I don’t see the “are you the business owner, claim this listing” option show up ?
    I tried logged in as admin, and it shows author options.
    logged out.
    and logged in as a new user.
    and the claim option never appears .

Ideally it should appear for a not logged in biz owner who finds his listing on my site.

July 6, 2013 at 3:07 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Did you populate the ’email’ field? If you have not specified the email or the email does not match the email of the person who wants to claim, the claim option will not appear.

July 6, 2013 at 8:24 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

thanks Richard, so from what you are saying, I will not be able to show a “is this your listing” option for a biz owner who has not yet created an account, correct?

And furthermore i will have to know in advance when I populate the email field in the csv import file, exactly what email the biz owner may happen to use once I figure out how to get them to create an account. Once i get both of those feats accomplished, they will then see the prompt on their listing to claim it?

I was hoping it worked more like Google + or Bing business pages, where an unlogged in person could claim a listing, which would be hand moderated by me later to verify they are the biz owner.

July 6, 2013 at 6:11 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Mike, I agree with you. I have modified the ‘Claim this Listing’ feature on one of my customer’s site: http://www.harrogate.co.uk , where it works exactly the way you are describing.

Kind regards,

Richard

July 6, 2013 at 8:46 pm

• joseph
    Newbie 7 points

Richard I love your design & layout! Mind sharing your supplier/setup process?

July 17, 2013 at 4:58 pm

• joseph
    Newbie 7 points

Or is that pretty much a stock install of DP responsive? thanks

July 17, 2013 at 6:33 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

@Joseph, the design is done by me for a client using DirectoryPress v 7.1.3
    You can have a look at some more examples here: http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/portfolio/

Kind regards,

Richard

July 17, 2013 at 7:23 pm
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

Mine seems to work differently, I have over 1000 listings, all currently assigned to admin so I dont see the claim listing button when logged in as admin. But if not logged in, it appears and on clicking, it says i must log in to use that feature, and when i log in as new user it is also there but on clicking, it says the email address im logged in with does not match the one for that listing and therefore cant be claimed.
    I have since changed that message to say if you are trying to claim this listing, please use the contact owner form to request this and we will swop it over for you.

July 17, 2013 at 8:32 pm

• Troy
    Newbie 4 points

Hi Richard,

Finally, I have found someone who can work with the “claim this listing” option.

I cant, for the life of me, figure out how to make it work on my site.

I also like the idea of what you have done on http://www.harrogate.co.uk where the authorization of the claimed listing is moderated by me.

Is it possible to get you to do this for me on my site.

http://oilfieldequipmentforsale.ca/

July 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

• Troy
    Newbie 4 points

Alternatively, please let me know what needs to be done in order for me to get the “Claim this listing” to work…. I create the listing, ensure the emails are the same… doesn’t come up when I log in as the user who would be looking for the listing to claim.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

July 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Troy, I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Richard

July 18, 2013 at 8:03 pm

• Troy
    Newbie 4 points

Richard, thank you very much.

Are you able to contact me through email?

admin@oilfieldequipmentforsale.ca

Simply looking to get the “claim your listing” feature working properly.

July 19, 2013 at 4:27 pm
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team