Claim Listing

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Claim Listing

July 11, 2013
Adrian Adrian
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

Prior to my site’s file corruption, I had my claim listing button linked up to the contact form to prevent the “email address on file not matched” message coming up, people would click claim listing, it would load up the contact form and they could then send me a message for me to swap the ownership over.
    Because of my file corruption, it no longer works this way and is back to default, and obviously I cant find the original topic where I got the guidance from because of PP’s database crash.

So…

I’m going to have to do it again, or something similar…

What I may be easier doing, is changing the “email not matched” message to something that says “first you need to register (linked to registration page), already registered? then contact us (linked to form)…

I have amended this in language_english.php – (I know it can be amended in the dashboard but it is a bit funny with including links in the messages so would rather hard code it).

First one I have changed is Ajax 1 (need to be logged in message) – it doesn’t like the hyperlink in the message… How is it posssible to have the hyperlink in the array to be displayed?

July 11, 2013 at 7:40 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points
    How is it posssible to have the hyperlink in the array to be displayed?

are you saying the entire message is an array? im not sure i fully understand how your implemented this.

July 14, 2013 at 1:13 pm
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

By default, the message is taken from another file (think it was called language messages or something) and in this file was a huge list of all the messages in the whole of Directory Press, (i’m sure you know, you wrote it.)

I wanted to edit one of these messages to include a link in it so instead of it saying “you need to log in to claim”, it said “you need to log in to claim, if you’re not registered then click here”.

But I have since found out that there is absolutely no way to put a link in to this message with the way it is all set up.

Because if this, i’ve just had to put please register an account.

July 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team