Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Child theme

• Pierre-Gilles
    Pierre-Gilles
    Newbie 8 points
    June 1, 2019 at 1:51 pm

Hello.
    I would like to add a child theme to DirectoryPress 9. I uploaded the theme Find Me from April 3, 2019.
    It does not appear in the themes. If I go to Add a child theme, I see the message:
    An unexpected error occurred. There could be a problem with WordPress.org or the configuration of this server. If you continue to experience this problem, please visit the support forums.
    What to do ?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 2, 2019 at 2:20 am

Hello Pierre-Gilles,

I uploaded the theme Find Me

Did you manually upload it? If so, was it placed in the /wp-content/themes/ directory?

• Pierre-Gilles
    Pierre-Gilles
    Newbie 8 points
    June 2, 2019 at 6:01 am

Hello, JamesD.

Thanks to your confirmation that it works, so I was able to redirect my research. I found. I renamed the parent theme DT9 to dt and of course wrote that name in the child theme.

Template: dt

It is absolutely necessary that the parent theme is called DT9 and that it is written in capitals.

The point of all this is that I actually want to create my own child theme, and that’s what will serve [CHILD] 15. Directory.

Thank you.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 2, 2019 at 6:40 am

@Pierre-Gilles
    You’re welcome.

If you run into any problems then this should help you get started duplicating one:
    Boiler

• Pierre-Gilles
    Pierre-Gilles
    Newbie 8 points
    June 2, 2019 at 6:59 am

The screen-copies show that the extension would be interesting, but …

Be careful, the extension does not work and crash WordPress.
    I had to delete the extension by hand and go back to the backup of the files and the database.

When you activate the extension, you get:
    res:

stdClass Object
    (
    [update] =>
    [result] => 0K
    )

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 2, 2019 at 7:49 am

@Pierre-Gilles
    Just disabling, renaming or removing the plugin should stop any type of error it could be causing/displaying.

Don’t worry, there’s nothing malicious about it. It doesn’t change any core files or make any queries. It basically just creates a new directory and copies files over.

I’ll have to try and replicate the error.
    Note: The plugin has no impact on the live site, so sites shouldn’t crash and only impact the admin dashboard area at the worse case.

What you see is a response message after checking if there is a newer version (only checks once a day).

To fix it:
    If you open up /cphix_boiler/cphix_boiler.php and look for these lines and remove or comment them out #266-272:

if( !get_transient('boilercheck')) {
                CphixBoilerplate::boiler_check_update();
                if( CphixBoilerplate::$has_update ) {
                     add_action( 'admin_notices', [ $this, 'admin_boiler_update_notice' ] );
                    return;
                }
            }

This will stop it from checking and causing that error.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 2, 2019 at 8:14 am

@Pierre-Gilles

I’ve found what was causing it and removed it. Sorry about that.

The forum is preventing from attaching a file here, but I’ve updated the site with the correct file.

Please contact me at customphix [@] gmail.com if you run into any other problems with it.

Thanks!

• Pierre-Gilles
    Pierre-Gilles
    Newbie 8 points
    June 3, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Hi, JamesD.
    I sent you suggestions and reported a new bug on Boiler. Have you received them?
    Have a nice day.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 3, 2019 at 8:40 pm

Hi Pierre-Gilles,
    Yes, thank you!

• PLAIRE
    Newbie 1 points
    June 22, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Hi,
    I also have a problem when I install the child theme (directory hotel). When I install it, I only have the “blog” part that appears on the home page. Have you ever had this problem?
    Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• said
    Newbie 36 points
    June 22, 2019 at 5:34 pm

home image child theme restauant not work and no child theme in DT9

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points
    June 26, 2019 at 3:02 am

hi PLAIRE ,

that is due to the childtheme’s version requirement. New childthemes requires version 9.2.8. If you’re using 9.2.7 , you cannot use the newly released childthemes

I would suggest you wait for the release of version 9.2.8 or choose other childthemes instead

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)