Checkbox in Custom Fields Not Working

• Kent
    Newbie 12 points
    February 11, 2020 at 6:44 am

I need to create custom-fields with Checkbox so that user can choose several values to be displayed in their listing. (Example: Forms of Payment Accepted: Cash, Venmo, Paypal, Zelle, Bitcoin)

All the custom-field values are there in the backend to be selected, but ONLY the 1st checked value displays in the front end with the shortcode. The other values are not displayed in the front end at all but still remains checked in the backend.

How do I fix this?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 11, 2020 at 9:04 am

I’m afraid it’s just not something we have at the moment, you’ll need to customize the design manully to achieve this.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,721 points
    February 11, 2020 at 11:44 pm

Not sure I’m quite following the question/dilemma…
    Is this what you’re attempting to do?
    Click For Video (no audio).

• Kent
    Newbie 12 points
    February 12, 2020 at 8:38 pm

I did it exactly like that… but it only displays the first value “cash”. The other checked values don’t show.

Question about your demonstration… I didn’t see you create the shortcode in the listing template. It’s just magically appearing on your listing page.

Also, I’m using the dating theme. Isn’t Mark’s response saying that it won’t do it?

• Kent
    Newbie 12 points
    February 12, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Also, I’m not using the generic dating listing template… I’m using elementor to create a different layout. All the other 1 value shortcodes are working like a charm EXCEPT the checkbox which allows me to display Multiple Values at a time.

According to Mark’s response, I have to do each value manually 1 at a time.

Note: I also just simulated your demo and no fields or values magically appeared anywhere on my listing page like yours… and yes my new listing page is correctly linked in the Page Linking.

What’s going on?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,721 points
    February 12, 2020 at 10:33 pm

“I didn’t see you create the shortcode in the listing template. “
    I used the built-in/default template/settings with no other changes made other than what was done in the video. The video was using DT9 (this post is in the DT category). Didn’t add shortcode manually.

“Also, I’m using the dating theme. Isn’t Mark’s response saying that it won’t do it?”
    He’s the creator, so I assume he’s correct.
    I was trying to get a better understanding of your question/problem since it sound similar to the actions in the video (without the shortcode).

“Note: I also just simulated your demo and no fields or values magically appeared anywhere on my listing page like yours…
    As previously stated, I was using the default template. When using elementor for a page then the default page is not used…. which is why you’re not seeing it. If you set the Listing Page assignment to Default then you would see it.

• Kent
    Newbie 12 points
    February 13, 2020 at 12:18 am

Well thanks for your help… but the fact that the Checkbox shortcode won’t work properly on any created page other than the default template is ridiculous. Why?

I need the code or work around for it to function.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,721 points
    February 15, 2020 at 4:57 am

I have a solution you can try out, at least a temp until something is built-in, however it will require to replace one of the core theme files, so you would need to verify it’s compatible with any new PP version update before updating. Also, it will get overwritten after updating the version and will need to be replaced each time.

There is basic styling that can be changed.

Shoot me an email at customphix[at]gmail.com if you’re still having issues and would like to try it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 15, 2020 at 10:05 am

I checked this but couldn’t find any issue with the checkbox function.

Screenshots attached.

If something doesn’t work, please provide screenshots so we can see your seutp, would save alot of time for everyone.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,721 points
    February 15, 2020 at 8:34 pm

@Mark

The problem is with the shortcode widget.

There aren’t any problems if you use the built-in default, but using the widget in a custom template will only display one of the items.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,721 points
    February 15, 2020 at 11:24 pm

@Mark
    Perhaps this can help (no audio): Video

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 16, 2020 at 9:16 am

Thanks James, this is now fixed and will be in the update.

• James
    James
    Newbie 8 points
    February 16, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Thanks for the update Mark.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 17, 2020 at 2:26 am

My pleasure – thanks for the informative video. 🙂

• Kent
    Newbie 12 points
    February 17, 2020 at 5:19 am

@Mark

Can you please send me the code so I can edit it manually.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to update the theme because of all the custom code and changes that I have already made.

It kinda looks like you didn’t make any rules for Checkbox like you did with the other types of fields.

Please send me the code and tell me exactly where to put it. This problem has caused me hours and hours of wasted time.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes