Changing the email display from hosting boxnumber

• Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 53 points
    August 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Emails received to users display my default hosting account e.g. blahblah@box18hostingprovider.com.

With Directory Press, I edited the php.ini file and this changed it to my website email successfully. I done this with the Responsive Directory Theme and it didn’t work.

What is the best way with the Responsive Theme to change the display email? What does everyone else do?

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 5, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Have you looked in the WP Admin > Theme Options > General Setup > Email Settings ?

• Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 19 points
    August 6, 2013 at 6:36 am

Hi richard,
    U cant change it from there. I tried it, I am facing the same issue as Gary, and I though the only way was to change the theme files, but seems like it didnt work too.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 6, 2013 at 6:49 am

ill have another look

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 6, 2013 at 6:59 am

hi

ok iv updated this in 4.1 so it will now take your admin email as set within the theme.

• Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 19 points
    August 6, 2013 at 7:08 am

That’s great, when will it be available for dl?

Anw mark, the system email that’s being assigned under User registration was not being sent out too when a user register. in Ver 4

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 6, 2013 at 8:42 am

iv checked this and they are send as every other email, if they are not getting to you it could be your spam.

• Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 53 points
    August 6, 2013 at 9:20 am

Thanks Richard, Paul and Mark.

The situation I got is, I can’t wait days or weeks for 4.1. I need the fix today, I can’t launch a site with my hostingboxnumber as the email and I spent countless hours yesterday trying to get this sorted with my hosting provider tech support.

I am dead in the water until 4.1.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 6, 2013 at 9:33 am

4.1 is already out! https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/responsive-framework-4-1-update/

Just log-out and then log-in back and it should be in your ‘My Downloads’ area.

• Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 53 points
    August 6, 2013 at 9:44 am

Thanks Richard. I’ll do that now.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 6, 2013 at 10:23 am

🙂

• Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 53 points
    August 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm

No emails are coming through at all now.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm

humm i got your ticket so ill check for you but the only change was the display email, nothing else and it works ok our test site ok.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm

try this plugin;

WP Mail From II

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 6, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Nice theme… I’m coming along bit by bit with RDT site-design, however, the only problem I encounter that have me stun so far as simple has it might be is the Email setup. I did the welcome email, but it seems like I have a design-block for the rest. Is there a video or article for RDT email settings?

When installing the plugin that is mention above or the plugin that is design by Richard stated in a former post, do I have to delete the present contact form that is install on the website, or do they work together?

Kind Regards,

Errol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes