Change Email address between Contact Owner / Author

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Change Email address between Contact Owner / Author

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Change Email address between Contact Owner / Author

September 5, 2013
Christine Christine
  • Christine
    Christine
    Newbie 28 points

Hi there,

I want to change the contact owner message on the listing to be sent to the OWNERS EMAIL and not the AUTHOR. I load a lot of the listings myself (author), but need the messages to go through directly to the listing email address and not back to me.

Where can I change this?

September 5, 2013 at 10:43 am
  • Christine
    Christine
    Newbie 28 points

Hi there,

I still don’t have a solution to this. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

September 30, 2013 at 12:21 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Hi Christine, you can try the attached plugin.

Kind regards,

Richard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 1, 2013 at 2:30 pm
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

Hi Richard,

I installed your plugin but I didn’t see any dashboard settings or explanation of what exactly it does. So I went to your website but I couldn’t find any documentation about it there either.

Can you enlighten us?

Martin

October 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

It does not have any options. All it does, it ‘overrides’ the built in listing contact form.
    You can try the contact before you activate the plugin and the after you activate the plugin and see how it works.

Kind regards,

Richard

October 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

Richard, I installed the plugin and it’s working. Thanks for making this available! I’ve always felt that it borders on the unethical to allow the perception that inquiries are going to a listing’s owner, when they’re not.

May I humbly suggest you change the description to something like: “Ensures messsages sent through the single listing page go to the listing’s owner and not the author.”

Cause I didn’t know what to expect based on; “This plugin will add a new contact form to the single listing page of PremiumPress v7 themes.”

Two more points, can you tell me where to insert my site’s name after “Enquiry from”, so that the email’s subject is more meaningful?

Also, is it possible to create some formatting so that not all the fields appear on the same line? Basically I just want to put a break after each one. Can you tell me where to find the code?

Many thanks, and with apologies to Christine for hijacking her thread. :)

Regards,
    Martin

October 4, 2013 at 7:10 am
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

May I humbly suggest you change the description to something like: “Ensures messsages sent through the single listing page go to the listing’s owner and not the author.

Correction, I now see that the email gets sent to both the listing owner and (as a private message) to the author.

October 4, 2013 at 7:42 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Also, is it possible to create some formatting so that not all the fields appear on the same line? Basically I just want to put a break after each one. Can you tell me where to find the code?

That should be already there. What e-mail client are you using?

October 4, 2013 at 8:20 am
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

Outlook

October 4, 2013 at 9:09 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Can you send a screenshot?

October 4, 2013 at 9:24 am
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

Here you go Richard.

Attachments:
    October 4, 2013 at 9:36 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Try the updated plugin. (first remove the existing one, then install the new one).

Attachments:
    October 4, 2013 at 10:06 am
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

Will do Richard, thanks. Meanwhile, here are two more ways in which I think you can improve this very useful plugin.

1) The subject should really read something like: “An inquiry about your listing in the [Directory Name]”.

For example I have a business that is listed in Trip Advisor, and that is the subject I get when someone contacts us through their site. I think it’s done right. Ideally the subject could be set in the plugin.

2) Make it possible to publish a listing with no email address. Right now if this field is left blank, the default (author’s listing) is inserted. Better I think, would be if one could leave the field blank, in which case the Inquire button would disappear in single listing view. Cause if I choose to list some government office in my directory, but I don’t have the email address for them, it’s awkward to get inquiries that should be directed to their website.

I hope my suggestions are welcome.

Martin

October 4, 2013 at 10:13 am
  • Martin
    Martin
    Newbie 38 points

The updated plugin gets the formatting right Richard, thanks. Now I just need to figure out why I’m getting two copies of the message.

October 4, 2013 at 10:41 am
  • Christine
    Christine
    Newbie 28 points

Hi all,

Thanks for all this instructive feedback. I am happy with the results. Yes, it seems I also get two copies, the original one that is formatted, and one from the plugin. Both are going through to the ‘owner’, but I am satisfied that I wont need to keep on sending queries to the owner manually.

One nice thing would be that when the ‘owner’ reply to his email, the email will go back to the visitor completing the form.

Thanks again for everything!

October 4, 2013 at 11:00 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team