Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Categories

• La Chaundra
    La Chaundra
    Newbie 0 points
    July 7, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I need to increase the amount of category selection from 10 to 25 does anyone know how to do this in DirectoryPress 7.1.4 ?

• Joanne
    Joanne
    Newbie 10 points
    February 5, 2014 at 9:58 am

Im also looking to do this – anyone got any ideas?

I see you can add as many categories as you like if you go into the listing in the admin console, but still you can only add 10 from the package.

This also mean if you add more than 10, then edit via the front end, it will only show the first 10 and when you save it the other categories are removed again.

Is there not a setting in a file you can change? It must be defined somewhere.

• Joanne
    Joanne
    Newbie 10 points
    February 5, 2014 at 10:45 am

I managed to fix it myself 😉

If anyone else wants to do this, you want to go into /public_html/wp-content/themes/directorypress/admin/_ad_packages.php (or the one in your child theme)

If, like myself, you have the packages set to 10, you simply search this file for all instances of ’10’ and change it to whatever number you like. You’ll find 2 of them, about one-third of the way down and about halfway down.

I changed mine to ’30’ and once done come out/go back into the admin console and ensure you change the package limits (under ‘Submission’) to allow the number of categories your like to allow per package.

Now when you go in through the front end you will have the defined number of options available.

Tested and working !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)