Darrell

Cannot turn off membership in DT

Hi, I would appreciate some help as I have just installed DT to a new website and it has been very buggy to say the least. I have worked around most of the issues but one I cannot fix. I have set the add listings to not require users to be members but when you try to add a listing the site asks you to login. How do I fix this? Also as I am UK based I need to add VAT at 20% to the listing packages, where can I do this? Thank you in advance for you help.

Created: February 10, 2020 at 12:01 pm
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: DarrellDarrell
  • 2 members left 6 comments
  • Last reply from: Mark FailMark Fail

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    February 11, 2020 at 9:05 am

Login and memberships are not connected.

Users are required to have an account to publish content on your website otherwise you’ll be spammed and this can result in your website being shut down by your hosting provider.

• Darrell
    Darrell
    February 11, 2020 at 9:30 am

The issue is that when you select a listing package the site takes you to the membership login page as shown in the screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    February 11, 2020 at 11:28 am

This is the members login page (it’s not directly related to the memberships).

All listings must be created by a members, you cannot allow non-members to create listings as this would get your website spammed.

If they are not logged in, they will be redirected to the sign-in page which is what you’ll see here.

If you are the website admin, you can add listings via the admin area.

• Darrell
    Darrell
    February 11, 2020 at 11:44 am

If I turn use the membership option when you select the membership type it opens the same page as in the screenshot.

• Darrell
    Darrell
    February 12, 2020 at 9:59 am

Mark,

I fixed the issue.
    The allow users to register slider was off so when I clicked through to the add listings page it did not give an option to register, just login!

Cheers
    Darrell

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    February 12, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for updating Darrell

Have a great day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)