Business Directory Site

• Alan
    Alan
    Newbie 13 points
    July 14, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Hello,
    I am working on a new directory site and I wonder if this theme will work for me.
    What I need to do is the following.

1) The site needs to have a search box on the home page in a prominent position.

2) The search will mainly be location based as there is only going to be one category.

3) I need to have some form of geolocation to click and postcode search on the search box not drop down areas for location. Like they have on Listify here https://listify-demos.astoundify.com/classic/

4) When users either add their listing or claim a listing then they should be offered a choice of three packages. Standard, Superior and Featured and they can choose the one they want. The Featured one of course give them a featured listing.

5) All packages will be for one year and payments need to auto renew every year.

Can someone let me know if this is possible please?

Regards

Alan

• zarko
    zarko
    Senior Member 360 points
    July 14, 2016 at 7:48 pm

hi Alan

Yes this is possible, it shouldn’t be difficult to achieve this step by step

1 – If child theme which you choose doesn’t already have search form which you want, you can just use page builder plugin to customize home page, check this tutorial on how to use page builder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtad3djIwo

2 – Advanced search has possibility for location based search

3 – You can have postcode search field in advanced search, visitors can type in postcode to get listings by that postcode

4 – Listing packages can be created form Listing setup > Packages, here you can add 3 listing packages and choose which of them will have Featured listing enhancement.

5 – In Listing packages settings you can set 1 year to be package length and enable recurring payments from Order manager > Payment gateways > Paypal settings, set Recurring payment where possible to Enabled

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes