Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Blog Post Acces

• Finn
    Newbie 27 points
    March 15, 2019 at 1:58 am

Hello community,

My blog posts on https://find supervisor are only readable if you are logged in.

Page access on all blog posts are set to public and for everyone but still you have to be logged in to see the posts.

Please help

All the best
    Finn

• Finn
    Newbie 27 points
    March 15, 2019 at 2:10 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    March 15, 2019 at 2:47 am

Hello Finn,
    Did your changes also include the assigned Blog page template Page Access setting? (set to Everyone)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Finn
    Newbie 27 points
    March 15, 2019 at 7:13 am

Hello JamesD

Yes all pages are set to “Everyone” for access. What I have just found out though is that the blog posts are accessible to visitors if I change default listing access to “everyone” from “members only”

If you – or others – can reproduce this I assume it is a bug as listing access restrictions shouldn’t affect anything else but listings.

All the best
    Finn

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    March 15, 2019 at 8:48 am

@Finn
    Was able to view the blog pages this time. Looked like you’ve either fixed it or turned off memberships?

Is it safe to say that the PremiumPress > Memberships > PAGE ACCESS > DEFAULT LISTING PAGE ACCESS setting is set to “Everyone” as well?

• Finn
    Newbie 27 points
    March 15, 2019 at 9:26 am

The only thing I did was making listings visible to everyone. That fixed the blog post visibility, but I don’t want the listings to be visible to everyone

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    March 15, 2019 at 10:56 am

The only method I’ve found so far is by editing a core file, which isn’t “ideal”, but can be done.
    Note: Make a backup of the file before editing.
    Open /DT9/framework/new_class/ppt_2_layout.php then look for $access = _ppt('listingaccess'); (around line #627) and replace it with $access = ('post' === $post->post_type)?0:_ppt('listingaccess');.
    Save the file and check.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)