groups-icon

Best Directory Child Theme for an Association

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Dave
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi all, I am l;ooking to create a directory for a small association of one type of professionals for a single country.

Ideally the professional directory with the members able to be listed, and searched by suburb/town/postal code and specialty or interest withing that profession.

Their profile would list interests or specialties & include links to their website some of their other listings eg Linkedin, Facebook, twitter etc. It would list their contact details, and work address(es) . I assume 2 listings for two addresses?.

The ability to create and take automatic subscription payments for monthly or annual memberships would be a blessing to the treasurer and the association ! How are receipts handles in this case? By paypal or stripe?

(& The ability to upload a CSV of the members would also be a time saver for me, as members are notorious for being “slow” to do this sort of thing.)

I intend to use the Directory Theme, and would ask forum members for recommendations for a child theme. Is there and “Association” or “Professional” child theme?

(On the other hand, there is probably a great opportunity for PremiumPress to create an “Association” child them that’s ready to go for Associations.)

As far as I can make out, Barbershop is looking the closest to a single profession , but I would love to hear any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!

November 12, 2019 at 10:45 am